AVD Multiplay

Lamplighter

Hi Jon. Sorry, you've lost me now! :P

Keyboard events are the current triggers. There are two trigger lists that MultiPlay checks when a keyboard (Hot Key) event occurs.

The first is the function list and it handles stuff like GO, Stop All, etc. The triggers for this function list are edited in Production Properties.

Now, if the key combination was not found in that first list, a search is done on the cue list to see if any of them should respond to that key combination. These triggers are edited in Cue Properties.

The two trigger lists are separate, but do they do check each other during editing to prevent the same key combination being selected for more than one trigger.

Implementing MIDI triggers would be in parallel to this. I don't see how (or why) I would use any of the existing keyboard handlers.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've lost myself.

I'm gonna go play with Multiplay for a bit and then come back hopefully making sense!

[edit]

Having done so, it appears I was using all the wrong terminology and had got myself entirely confused about many many things. I've collected my coat and will go hide in the corner until my brain regains control.

Is it/ would it be possible to include a "fade cue" option in a control cue, similar to "stop cue" but where the selected cue fades out over a given time, instead of stopping dead?

Basically I'm trying to achieve a crossfade, but I wish the operator to decide at what point in the cue it occurs...

Dave

This can already be done!

Use a control cue with volume set to 0 and a fade time set. Set Cue advance to start play and have the following cue set to fade in. The previous cue auto stops when its reached 'off' level.

Sorry, but could you clarify that a bit?

Which type of control cue?

I've set Cue 1 (SA, Fade Out 10s, Vol -36), ControlCue (SP, Volume Change-previous cue, fade 5s to 0dB), Cue 2 (SA, Fade In 10s) and the control cue increases the volume of Cue 1... setting the Control Cue to Stop Cue - previous cue, cuts off Cue 1 without a fade, and fades up cue 2

Dave

Haven't got Multiplay in front of me, so apologies for incorrect terminology.

Cue 1 - Audio Cue - plays tr1 at 0dB - no fade out set - set cue advance to Start Advance

Cue 2 - Control Cue - Volume change -infdB 3s - set cue advance to Start Play (this auto runs the next cue, creating the crossfade)

Cue 3 - Audio Cue - plays tr2 at 0dB - fade in 3s

My eagle eyed testers have found a couple of bugs in 2.4.9.8 (thanks guys), so version 2.4.9.9 is available here. ^_^

Gosh that was quick! The Midi cut and paste works well. The only area that I am not able to use is the new colours tab so I assume it is still

under development.

Brian

No, the colours work, but are disabled until you go into Production Properties > Appearance and set the Cue Colour Style to "Custom".

I need to make the disabled state more obvious. Maybe I'll add something to indicate the state of the Cue Colour Style property so that users will see that they have to go change that first?

Archived