Lee Filters

Joe Bleasdale

Hi All,

I am not sure of there is such thing in existence, but I am in need of a sheet (or many sheets) that have all the lee colours listed and tell me the DMX Values to make the colour by use of CMY. I mean something like this...

L101 - Cyan 156, Magenta - 056, Yellow 255.

The list would tell me which DMX value for each wheel so I can make that specific lee colour. (The above is just an example, I am not expecting it to make L101!)

Does anybody know of such thing? Or even know what I am talking about??

Thanks,

There is no definitive conversion as obviously every fixture is different (some very) and lamp type must also be considered. But they can be used as a rough starting point.

Search CMY chart or CMY conversion. Many of the links are dead. Here's a partial list for a Mac 600: http://www.stormlighting.co.uk/uploaded/VC440ccbae91e36.pdf

/edit: Found new link for ukslc one: http://www.ukslc.org/articles/lighting/cmy...0060411582.html

The differences in light sources and dichroics mean that the values to achieve a match for a particular colour will differ fairly widely from fixture to fixture - there's no universal table of values that you can apply to any fixture.

I'd have thought someone in a sales and technical support role with a company who deal with automated lighting would've known that, Joe :) :unsure:.

I'd have thought someone in a sales and technical support role with a company who deal with automated lighting would've known that, Joe :) :unsure:.

Apologies Gareth, the answer was obvious that it varies depending on the light source behind it. It has been a long day!!

Never the less, thanks for the links guys.

Best Regards,

Archived