Feedback Destroyer Pro FBQ2496 Help?!

MisterJames

Hey Guys

Ive just got a feedback destoryer pro FBQ2496 from Behringer! Its linked it with a graphic EQ and a Virtualiser!

The rest of the gear works fine but the feedback des. only outputs sound from the left!!!????

BUT! if I select 'bypass' sound is outputed as normal through both left and right?

Has anyone else has this problem? Is it a faulty unit? or am I not setting it up right

PS the left and right button it on stereo mode but when pressed only lets me go to the left and then back to stereo not right?

Cheers

James

hi,

I don't have a direct answer for you but I know somewhere where one of these was put in as part of an install. It took them a long time to set up and get working properly, wasn't simple at all!.

So I would take a wild guess that it is something that you are doing, instead of an internal hardware problem. Hopefully somebody will come along with an answer once Christmas is out the way. Have you read the manual fully, if not follow it carefully.

Learn to use your Graphic EQ and you shouldn't have any feedback issues. It'll help you in the long run being able to properly ring out a system ridding it of feedback.

Also Feedback Destroyers will remove feedback but In my opinion they have a detrimental effect on the sound.

If you have a feedback destroyer that doesn't work, it's not too helpful to be told they're not good things.

I've actually got some of the older (i.e. not so clever) ones, and I don't use them.

On these ones, the bypass, as I understand it, links in to out - so two things could be happening - one, it's a real fault, but it's more likely as the two channels can be paired for stereo,or used totally separate, that you could have one channel simpy set to no volume or a huge notch - that kind of thing. ON power up, the last setting is reloaded. I presume you've done the long press reset to dump all the filters?

PS the left and right button it on stereo mode but when pressed only lets me go to the left and then back to stereo not right?

Looking at the Manual on the internet...

The "Left-Right button lets you select the channels you wish to edit.

If your FBQ2496 is in the stereo mode, both channels are automatically selected and both LED's are lit. In this mode, you only, have to set the parameters for one channel, and they automatically carried over onto the other channel.

IF YOU KEEP THE "Left-Right" button pressed for a few moments, the two channels are separated from one another. That way you can assign different parameters to each of the two channels. Toggling between the two channels is done by briefly pressing the "Left-Right" button. Keeping the "Left-Right" button pressed for a few moments restores the stereo coupling, and the settings from the active channel are automatically carried over onto the other channel.

SO.. from reading that it sounds to me (I may be wrong) that you have assigned some parameter to the Right channel that is stopping the sound whilst the sound is passing through the Left channel. As you are using the bypass button it gives you an output L,R so this shows it is probably not a fault but more of a set-up issue.

Archived