2012 London Olympics

the kid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone know how they did the DNA thingy - I suspect that it was lasers, but how did they get the column to twist with perspective?

possibly a few lasers with strategically placed columns of smoke?

very good show, hell of a flying system to pull that off.

wow.

cheers

Guest lightnix
I saw the start and then went out (better things to do than watch TV :huh: ). Very nice, I'm just glad I wasn't working on it. I'm sure we'll read all about it in next month's L&SI, TPi, etc. :)

I must admit the people doing the time line of greece was amazing I thought they were all animatronics until I saw one blink.

I think that was more sort of several pieces of cloth and metal rungs spun round very quickly with lazers just focussed on the cloth but it was very clever.

Does anyone know who the LD and PM were?? If it comes to britain in 2 olympics time (next one is in Bejing I think) they ask for voulenteers to help and I should imagine that would be amazing!!

Thought Bijorg singing was wierd, the cloth which they were blowing arround masked here face slightly and also the lighting wasnt doing much from what I saw, but that was only out of the corner of my eye. Also why choose her (she's from iceland) shurly it would have made more sence to get a greak to sing.

Anyway apart from a few dissapioting Pyro bursts I thought the whole thing was very good.

Sam

Anyway apart from a few dissapioting Pyro bursts I thought the whole thing was very good.

Sam

I thought there was some brilliant pyro and firework moments, particularly when they went round the roof a few times, that looked stunning... also the guy on flying line above the timeline thing looked good and the people running in slow moton with the tourches in the air were great!

I think the DNA stuff was done with a cloud of smoke and lasers but still workin it over in ma lil mind

I could be wrong but the DNA started with a fan of water did it then turn to 2 a plum of smoke.

when I initially saw it, it definately looked like spray off the water, but then it turned into a column like effect which looked like smoke.

I'm still tryin to work out when the water disapeared! :)

Guest lightnix
If it comes to britain in 2 olympics time... they ask for voulenteers to help and I should imagine that would be amazing!!

Hmmm... maybe, although I think a paid gig would be infinitely more preferable for most people. I did hear a rumour that crew were a bit hard to find for this one.

Archived