Problems using a UHF radio mic in a leisure centre

Sound Man

An interesting question, has anybody had problems using a UHF radio mic in a leisure centre?

Over the last year I have been into three different leisure centres and have been unable to use a Sennheiser or Shure handheld radio mic due to what sounds like a radio station's transmission. I was using the channel 70's frequencies at the time and it's there on all of them.

Fortunately I have had a Shure VHF with me and that was fine.

Puzzled.

David

An interesting question, has anybody had problems using a UHF radio mic in a leisure centre?

Over the last year I have been into three different leisure centres and have been unable to use a Sennheiser or Shure handheld radio mic due to what sounds like a radio station's transmission. I was using the channel 70's frequencies at the time and it's there on all of them.

Fortunately I have had a Shure VHF with me and that was fine.

Puzzled.

David

It will be the wireless system for getting audio of TV's & music channels to the fitness machines. Although all the packs are plugged into the machines it is only for charging.

see Audeon for details.

Only option is to move away from Channel 70

MMM , yea I think you were getting the centres inhouse piped radio, its quite common to distrubute signal to different areas of the centre using this method, it's used for getting to areas like loo's and remote areas or anex's to make sure they get the piped sound. senheiser make a specific bit of kit for that purpose, a 30w amp with a built in reciever.

MMM , yea I think you were getting the centres inhouse piped radio, its quite common to distrubute signal to different areas of the centre using this method, it's used for getting to areas like loo's and remote areas or anex's to make sure they get the piped sound. senheiser make a specific bit of kit for that purpose, a 30w amp with a built in reciever.

That was the conclusion I came up with. The transmission caused my Shure receivers audio peak light to illuminate almost constantly.

David

Archived