PLASA Pyros

Pyromark

Hi Everyone

It looks like I have been roped into doing the pyro demos at plasa again!! I just wondered what type of stuff people wanted to see. I also welcome any ideas to make it more interesting!! (I know it will be great to fire a stadium concussion with a 2kg napalm simulator, but they wont let me do that!!!

I might be able to show off my propane dragon units!!

Mark Thomas

Le Maitre

Rockets on wires would certainly liven up the main hall...

How about some of the more unusual Prostage stuff - most people probably know the Pyroflash range quite well, but are less familiar with Prostage.

Also, I'd like to see a comparative demo of the different sizes of effect in a given range, fired simultaneously.

Tom

P.S. If you can find the 8 lb [sic] gerb that a misprint in the LeMaitre catalogue once promised, I'd be keen to see that (from a distance)

hi,

propane dragons sound fun ;-)

I'm a director of a fireworks display company and have been looking into the cost of flame projector type units that run of propane..

what sort of price are these units and what sort of control do you get out of them?

thanks

chris

I would like to echo Peter's request - although I love seeing the big, loud and OTT pyros, the spaces I work in don't have the height (approx 5.5m) or the space for a large fall out area - especially when doing a panto with a cast of 30!

It would be nice to see any unusual pyros that don't need masses of space but still create a good effect .... maybe the boffins at Le Maitre can put their thinking caps and design some fantastic effects for small venues!!!

I would like to echo Peter's request - although I love seeing the big, loud and OTT pyros, the spaces I work in don't have the height (approx 5.5m) or the space for a large fall out area - especially when doing a panto with a cast of 30!

It would be nice to see any unusual pyros that don't need masses of space but still create a good effect .... maybe the boffins at Le Maitre can put their thinking caps and design some fantastic effects for small venues!!!

Hear hear - I've talked in other places about having to make our own confetti cannon type effects to match the scale of the show and the venue. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person with this requirement.

But I too like the big stuff - we had a fab screaming rocket on a wire in our outdoor show at Regents Park last summer!

Sounds like Mark ought to pop to his local junkshop and buy an old brass lamp for a demo of an Aladin smoke.

Also sounds like a few 6 foot gerbs and other 'reduced' effects might be useful.

Archived