Sennheiser EW300 G1 Transmitter pack aerials

IRW

Hello there! I thought I would post in Sound as opposed to Wanted, as I imagine this thread could provide useful information to others further down the line...

We've got a few Sennheiser EW300 G1's that have, over time, developed broken/lost aerials, and I was wondering if anybody has any suggestion as to where they can be bought now that the model is well and truly out of production, or if anybody knows if there are any other options for re-arialing these mics?

Thanks,

Ian

I have sourced replacements via Stage LX in the not too distant past, and would guess that they are still available.

I have also repaired them, if they're not foreshortened too much, by a quick resolder job.

Bizarrely, we have had another enquiry today about these. Unfortunately we are waiting on new stock - normally holding stock of these as many people like yourselves still have the G1 series.

For info, Sennheiser are currently out-of-stock but due a delivery by the end of this week.

PM me if you require any further info.

Steve

If they've just broken off then they may well be repairable. Providing you haven't lost any significant length or it will be less effective at doing what it should.

The screw in part has a "bucket" in the top where the antenna cable sits. This is just soldered in place. Put some heatshrink around the cable, strip it, re-melt the solder (making sure all the old cable is removed first) dip it in (it's fiddly) and allow to cool. Drop the heatshrink over and shrink. All done.

Doesn't help with the "lost" ones though.

Archived