Pea Soup Phantom Hazer

Davyx

Hi,

I'm planning to replace my DF-50 cracker by a hazer. I was thinking of the MDG Atmosphere but I found smokemachines.net webpage and I saw the Pea Soup Phantom Hazer ( http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-pro-hazer.shtml ).

By reading the description, it seems to be THE hazer, the best one of the world and not very expensive. Furthermore it can be used as a hazer but as a fogger too. Their fluid is also much cheaper than MDG fluid.

I've been trying to find more information about this Phantom Hazer but it doesn't look so common. If it would be SO good, it would be more famous than the MDG hazer and more popular, but I couldn't find a company who is using it.

I've tried to know more about the Pea Soup company. From their webpage I can find Le Maitre machines but also The Glaciator know to be a JEM product (in this case it's a Pea Soup Glaciator http://www.pea-soup.com/buy-glaciator.shtml ), but nothing about the company itself. So, is this company just reselling products or are they also manufacturing?

As above, but includes a digital DMX single channel interface as well as remote control

WAS £1,670.00 - NOW £1,475.00

Not a bad price at all for a hazer of that spec.. Dare I ask has anyone independent got their hands on one to try/evaluate?

Thanks for the heads up though.. Will definitely give this a look at when I get round to replacing our aging Jem's!

T

Isn't it a unit made by Concept Engineering?

The Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Mist Generator looks very similar. So, who is manufactering for who?

http://www.concept-smoke.co.uk/oil-mist-generator.htm

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

As above, but includes a digital DMX single channel interface as well as remote control

WAS £1,670.00 - NOW £1,475.00

Not a bad price at all for a hazer of that spec.. Dare I ask has anyone independent got their hands on one to try/evaluate?

Thanks for the heads up though.. Will definitely give this a look at when I get round to replacing our aging Jem's!

T

That's why I'm wondering if this hazer (which can be also used as a fogger according to the description) is so good, with thinner particles than an Atmosphere, consumming less fluid and being cheaper, why I can't find anything about it in any forums and nobody has it in their equipment list.

And they give a lifetime warranty to the heater. So, is it a joke or this hazer is really good as it's writen?

So, who is manufactering for who?

Almost certainly made by Concept - they've been in the smoke/haze business for a very long while.

[EDIT]

I've been trying to work out when I was using Concept Genie mk V machines - I must have bought them around 1985 and they were second-hand them.

well, ive owned this unit since april and ive still not found a unit that will match it - strongly recommended.

it is indeed manufactured by concept. For those who are interested, it provided the atmosphere on the soon to be shown on the BBC David Tennant / RSC production of Hamlet ( to be shown just before christmas) where it replaced a df50, cirrus cracker and a couple of Jem 24/7's due to the director of photography prefering the quality of haze from this unit.

so, very happy indeed. One recommendation however - rather than buying the dedicated haze model, I went for the smallest smoke gun from the same range - with a 0-4 bar regulator, this will run at a very low level and the output can be spun out with a fan. This was recommended by the supplier as a cheaper and more versatile option.

• 1 year later...

quality - well its built for military and fire crew training, so its totally reliable and guaranteed for life.

quality of the haze is superior to anything else ive tried, and ive tried more or less anything in the last 20 years.

Archived