Led Lecturn lights

Gazlights

Hello,

I am looking to replace the lights on one of our podiums with an LED type light as the one we currently have is causing heat damage to the lecturn...

I have been looking at LED litlites which look okay but I would prefer to add a couple of led strips inside the recess (picture attached....)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/gazlights/IMG00003-20091016-1138.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/gazlights/IMG00004-20091016-1138.jpg

Do you think this would be bright enough to read? any suggestions on products/suppliers that may be able to help? the space inside the recess is 55cm wide and 9cm deep....

Look on CPC's website. They have lots of LED stuff - goosenecks etc

CPC Website

Yea thanks for that I've already checked CPC....its not really the gooseneck style I was looking for or I would have just got a litlight LED....I was looking to put a couple of white led strips in the back section to see if it would be bright enough to read from....cant seem to find a supplier that is prepared to sell me a roll of LED strip.....Is it really that expensive? ** laughs out loud **

£120 for 2m of led strip and a transformer......ermmmm ;)

Guest lightnix

How about Schnick-Schnack-Systems L Series strips in Warm or Cool White? 115° beam angle; 125mm or 250mm length; 12.5mm or 25mm LED pitch. Can be powered direct (24VDC) or dimmed with an LED dimmer.

PM me if you'd like a price (which I'm sure you'll find very reasonable).

Does it need to be DMX or dimmable? My reaction would be to stick a T4 18 inch fluorescent tube in it, cheap as chips.

Edit: 16W 1/2" tube light, 525mm inc fittings so should just fit, fitting and bulb for under £11 inc VAT. There are dimmable fittings available but you'll pay more.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/23832/Lighti...Striplight-43mm

I used these for the lights inside a treasure chest but they would be ideal for this

http://uk.farnell.com/omc/lmmw1/led-module...hite/dp/1693867

They are £17 for a set of 5 modules all wired together but you can cut them between modules. They use so little current that you could run them off some rechargeable batteries, and a pot in series would make a reasonable job of dimming them too.

Dave

Oh, and lectern is spelt thus ;)

pop down to your local craplins, they sell LED strip on the roll that you can buy in 5cm units. Buy an appropriate length, solder to a 12v power supply and away you go.

To answer your other question yes, it will be more than bright enough for reading from. For comfort and asthetic reasons get the "warm white" not regular white LED's

Currently in CPC , in the 'Highlights' extra supplement , there is a product excatly what you need.

LED Drawer Light - £12.98, powered by 4 AAA batteries. No cable!!!

Not sure if there is a link on the site , but the Product Code is LA0340103

• 7 months later...
Hello,

Do you think this would be bright enough to read? any suggestions on products/suppliers that may be able to help? the space inside the recess is 55cm wide and 9cm deep....

Hey Gazlights we a supplier of LED Tape which would be ideal for what you need.

Our standard LED Tape should be more then bright enough and can come Warm White or Pure White

We do also however have higher powered LED tape if you require.

You can find our website at LED-Tape.com or ring us direct on 0116 2799083

Archived