Remote Switches (Fat Frog)

OrangeStu

Hi,

So here's the setup:

Downstairs - Chilli Dimmers, Chilli Panel, Lectern

Upstairs - Fat Frog Desk.

Now the Chilli Panel was stupidly installed the opposite side of the stage from the Lectern - and I want to be able to control the lighting from the lectern - I don't really want to move the Chilli Panel but I was thinking about remote switches for the Fat Frog desk.

Setting up some programs, and just press go each time to scan through them all - I want a real remote switch ideally, but I was also thinking about getting a 100m PS/2 cable and a Go Button keyboard.

Advice please

Cheers

Advice please

Cheers

If I remember rightly, the Frog series come with a 1/4" jack socket that allows a simple normally open switch to operate the Go button. If there is, all you need is a length of cheap bell wire, a plug, and a simple momentary switch - (A door bell button?)

HTH

Jim

The Fat Frog doesn't have Analogue out, the 8 way Din is for 6 control switches. Each can be set as a jump cue, where a button push takes the desk to a certain state. It can also be set as a GO button, doing just that.

The Jester has a Jack for a footswitch or similar which can be assigned to almost any button on the desk.

Josh

I've got the wiring diagram, just to work out how to wire the doorbell :o - I can't work it out, I have a wireless doorbell as well.

Does anyone have clear instructions/diagrams, for a wired system using push button and the 8 pin DIN. For 1 switch and 6 switch if poss.

:o

Remote Switches

An 8 pin DIN connector providing up to

six remote switches. Short pin to 0V to

simulate a button push.

WARNING - Do NOT connect anything

to the undefined pins.

Connections:

Pin 1 Remote Switch 6

Pin 2 Remote Switch 1

Pin 3 Remote Switch 2

Pin 4 Remote Switch 3

Pin 5 Remote Switch 4

Pin 6 Remote Switch 5

Pin 7 Undefined

Pin 8 0V Common Ground

We use a MIDI controlled switch box with ours, with six relays on the contacts to give basic MIDI control of the desk.

However, I imagine the remote switches would be more reliable than a PS2 connection, and the wiring isn't complex. I don't expect a wireless doorbell would work, though, unless it has an open contact switch at the receiving end.

I know what pins go where but I don't know how to actually wire a button to the pins!!

:wall:

Sorry, but I am going to quote the standard BR reply to that post:

"If you have to ask that question, you shouldn't be doing this yourself."

Please find someone in your school who knows which end of a soldering iron gets hot and ask them to do this for you.

Hi

Another solution may be to look at using an IR control for the ChilliNet panel. If it is a 10 button station you would not be able to do this but if it is any other panel or if you would like to change to for instance a 5 button panel then you could use a remote to trigger the Chillis directly.

If you would like more advice please contact us directly at Zero 88 on 01633 838088.

Best

Graham

Wire the switch between the ground and the required remote channel. Closing the switch will create the short and simulate a button push.

Thank you, Ill give this a try shortly ;)

I know what pins go where but I don't know how to actually wire a button to the pins!!

:wall:

Sorry, but I am going to quote the standard BR reply to that post:

"If you have to ask that question, you shouldn't be doing this yourself."

Please find someone in your school who knows which end of a soldering iron gets hot and ask them to do this for you.

No need to be patronising, I have done plenty of soldering and electronics in the past, but strangely I am just not familiar with the workers of a wireless doorbell.

Hi

Another solution may be to look at using an IR control for the ChilliNet panel. If it is a 10 button station you would not be able to do this but if it is any other panel or if you would like to change to for instance a 5 button panel then you could use a remote to trigger the Chillis directly.

If you would like more advice please contact us directly at Zero 88 on 01633 838088.

Best

Graham

Ill drop you an email thanks :)

Archived