MAC 250+ / Roboscan 218 MKII

mauroantunes

Hello,

Following my previous topic http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=37022 I now found another deal that instead os changing my two 575 with 4 MAC 250+ I could add 6 Roboscan 218 MKII (1500€ +-) to my 575 moving heads. The idea would be to have the 6 roboscans elevated on the back truss and the 575 on the ground as seen on my videos at www.grupodualband.com.

What would be the best?

4 MAC 250+ elevated on the back truss?

6 Roboscan 218 MKII elevated on the back truss + 2 moving heads 575 on the ground.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Mauro Antunes

www.grupodualband.com

Hi,

Questions that would spring to mind if I was in your position. You have probably already asked them but here I go....

1. How many are there in the band?

2. How long do you have to get in and how long are you prepared to take to pack the gear away at the end of the night?

3. What sort of power supply do you normally get?

4. Will your current stands/truss/whatever take the weight of what you have in mind?

5. How do you carry the gear around? Is the van big enough?

6. Is the gear flight cased? How much for cases?

7. Can you store it all?

7. What sort of control do you have? Do you have enough channels etc...

8. Do you always work in venues of the same sort of size? If not, you will have to change your layout every time, meaning extra time for running DMX lines and power and setting up position palletes.

9. Why did I use number 7 twice??

There are doubtless others but those are off the top of my head.

Another thing, I would consider that the 218s are VERY old but simpler than movers so easier to maintain....assuming you can get parts of course while the movers are...well the opposite.

So, overall, though, with a show that looks pretty good anyway, I would probably save my dosh and see what comes along in the future. Are you short of work? Not getting paid enough??

Hope that helps but it probably doesn't.

Andy

Hi,

Questions that would spring to mind if I was in your position. You have probably already asked them but here I go....

1. How many are there in the band?

2. How long do you have to get in and how long are you prepared to take to pack the gear away at the end of the night?

3. What sort of power supply do you normally get?

4. Will your current stands/truss/whatever take the weight of what you have in mind?

5. How do you carry the gear around? Is the van big enough?

6. Is the gear flight cased? How much for cases?

7. Can you store it all?

7. What sort of control do you have? Do you have enough channels etc...

8. Do you always work in venues of the same sort of size? If not, you will have to change your layout every time, meaning extra time for running DMX lines and power and setting up position palletes.

9. Why did I use number 7 twice??

There are doubtless others but those are off the top of my head.

Another thing, I would consider that the 218s are VERY old but simpler than movers so easier to maintain....assuming you can get parts of course while the movers are...well the opposite.

So, overall, though, with a show that looks pretty good anyway, I would probably save my dosh and see what comes along in the future. Are you short of work? Not getting paid enough??

Hope that helps but it probably doesn't.

Andy

Hello,

I had already have in mind all those issues and it would be OK to work with plus 6 218s but I just made my mind after those opinions. I'm waiting at the moment to set up the agenda a litlle better for 2010 and will probably get 2 more 575 and some LED bars or PAR to wash the stage.

Best Regards,

Mauro Antunes

Archived