Borrow a Pearl

Nick LX

Simply put: Budget doesn't cover a desk at all, and was hoping someone would pretty much "lend" me one, although there could be some cash available. Would love to know by PM if anyone can help. In London and will collect from anywhere inside the M25 ;)

Cheers

Guest lightnix

No disrespect, but in the light of a "certain" recent thread, would this desk be covered by your insurance?

£6.5k (or whatever a Pearl costs these days) is quite a bit of money.

No disrespect, but in the light of a "certain" recent thread, would this desk be covered by your insurance?

£6.5k (or whatever a Pearl costs these days) is quite a bit of money.

Yes it does and I can provide proof that it does if required.

(Could you direct me to the "certain" recent thread?)

...although there could be some cash available.

If theres cash availabe, why can't you hire? Possibly a dumb question. Also, couldn't you convince whoever to alter the budget slightly?

Because a Pearl for the weekend is around £100. I've got about £30 maximum cash.

Cheers

Three conditions have to be met before you can call yourself good!

On Time

On Quality

On Price

Using the Quality term as "compliance with specification" There really is NOTHING more you ever need to do.

If your planning has sacrificed the control surface -the desk, rather than some minor effect, then why bother with anything if you cannot control it.

I just don't get this. We go on and on.

I'm not certain that you do have insurance covered. Many schools and colleges have insurance policies that specifically exclude equipment 'borrowed'. It's the same bit that applies when a student brings in a laptop and it gets nicked - it isn't covered.

Whoever ordered the movers and LEDs should have known better.

I'm sure that somebody will come along with an Entec dongle and some freeware running on a pc - I'm told they are really good?

Well tell whoever specc'd 8 movers to drop 2 of them so that you can afford to hire the desk

Typical school. Want everything; pay for nothing. ;)

Like the local comp with us who whinge that we dare charge £3 per unit per day including batteries for EW300 radio mics. Like, try hiring them for that!

Well tell whoever specc'd 8 movers to drop 2 of them so that you can afford to hire the desk

Typical school. Want everything; pay for nothing. ;)

Yup, what he said.

To hire eight moving lights and a pair of LED battens without giving a thought to also renting something to control them with is, quite frankly, stupid. As has been said, knock a couple of moving lights or the LED battens off the hire and rent a decent desk instead. If you can afford all that kit, you can afford a desk. Simples.

Archived