Plasa 09

Jerome

Hi, it will be my first time at plasa this year and having recieved my entrance badge this morning I'm slightly excited. I've read about certain companies that will be there but just wondered if anyone knew about any specific new technology to look at this year. I'm going on the sunday I believe.

Thanks

Jerome

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Beam" series of fixtures that Martin and Clay Paky are showing. The Maxedia Broadcast. Mac 301. Mac 401 dual. GLP Impression XL. The new Hippo Critter rackmount from Green Hippo and also the HD-SDI card for the HD server.

Thats lighting and video of course... I am not a sound guy ;)

Best,

The "Beam" series of fixtures that Martin and Clay Paky are showing. The Maxedia Broadcast. Mac 301. Mac 401 dual. GLP Impression XL. The new Hippo Critter rackmount from Green Hippo and also the HD-SDI card for the HD server.

Thats lighting and video of course... I am not a sound guy ;)

Best,

They sound good joe, me neither ;)

Im hoping with the mac wash range, that martin are going to make an beam accessorie for the whole range, judging by the video of how to change it to a beam light, im quite looking forward to whats next

Im hoping with the mac wash range, that martin are going to make an beam accessorie for the whole range, judging by the video of how to change it to a beam light, im quite looking forward to whats next

It wouldnt surprise me if they choose to go down the same route as HES/Barco and create something similar to this...

http://www.highend.com/HESDirect/SHOWBEAM/index.html

Best,

Persannoly, I wouldnt think this would be the best move, all be it, its not my company, but, surely it would be more cost effective to by an accessorie rather than a new unit, which is why I think the 250 beam I brilliant becuase it dosnt require to buy a completly new unit, so if they do they same for the rest of the units including the 2000 wash range, it would work out cheaper in my opinion, im saying this without knowing the RRP tho.

Persannoly, I wouldnt think this would be the best move, all be it, its not my company, but, surely it would be more cost effective to by an accessorie rather than a new unit, which is why I think the 250 beam I brilliant becuase it dosnt require to buy a completly new unit, so if they do they same for the rest of the units including the 2000 wash range, it would work out cheaper in my opinion, im saying this without knowing the RRP tho.

Exactly, I agree too. If you look at Martins track record... it looks probable that they will offer upgrades anyway. Remember the Mac 2000 XB?? All you had to do is buy the kit and upgrade your existing Mac 2k washes. So considering they did that, I think it is likely they will do beam kits for the range. I mean look at the Clay Paky range...

Best,

Don't forget to wear your school 'stage crew' t-shirt, collect as many lanyards as you can and hang them around your neck, and raid every stand you pass for swag and carrier bags. That is what's supposed to happen at PLASA on DJ Sunday, isn't it?

;)

And Monday.. some even skived off school/college to make it to the Tuesday last year. Let's not forget to claim that you wrote part of X software and are speccing an install in Y and Z!

Aaah I'm looking forward to 4 days on the stand already!

Archived