Elation dimmer/switch pack

revbobuk

I've been looking around for a simple 4-channel DMX dimmer pack that will also do duty as a switch pack. And I know that it's a US product, but I came across the Elation DP-640, which claims to do this, and do it properly, with relays.

But I notice when reading the blurb that it has 2 15A input power cords. And no mention of phases - the implication is that these are a means of managing more than 15A of power. So how do they avoid the 'widow maker' phenomenon?

Anybody seen one of these in the wild?

(oh - and are there any combined switch/dimmer packs? Or is this a wild goose chase?)

It says in the user manual that cord 1 supplies power to channels 1-3, while cord 2 provides power to channels 4-6. ie: It's really 2, 3-channel dimmers, in the same box.

Also worth noting: in the US, 15A isn't very much: only about 1.5K of dimming. It's pretty tedious actually - I'm so used to puting 3 1K pars on a domestic circuit...here, you can't even do 2!

Archived