bass test

Matt

hi, we are getting a new pa system to be moved vetween 2 locations, and we need some good bass test cd's. could anyone recommend them to me please, I have the likes of prodigy and chemical brothers which I can feel the bass from a mile away on my home system, but I know this pa is far from that!

hi, we are getting a new pa system to be moved vetween 2 locations, and we need some good bass test cd's. could anyone recommend them to me please, I have the likes of prodigy and chemical brothers which I can feel the bass from a mile away on my home system, but I know this pa is far from that!

Was gonna say, Bass Test by Chemical Brothers is ideal.

Also try:

Bailamos by Matt Darey

Army of Me by Helmet

By far and away the most useful in my collection:

I have two albums by Bass Mekanik (I believe that's the correct spelling!)

One has a picture of a white Honda Integra on the front, and the other is the 'Toolbox' cd, which is black and white stripes with green writing...

everything you'll ever need for bass, phase, and level sets are on here...as well as jet planes landing etc...

the 1st album also has music with cycles down as low as 6hz

look at Pandisc for information. I managed to get HMV to get my CD's for me

Edit: The 1st album is called Download, pandisc number PD-8979

The Toolbox isn't on pandiscs listings, so I'll check when I get home

Pandisc have stacks and stacks of Bass Test, and Bass Heavy cd's...also try Fuel

if you get sting's brand new day use the track a thousand years it has about 10 seconds of amazing ultra bass before the 'real' music starts - if youcan hear it - the subs are on. on ordinary loudspeakers the first bit is silence

My mate once had a track that made a sound, and said how many cycles, then went down by 10 cycles, made that sound and said how many cycles... it went from something reasonably high for bass right down to about 50-60 cycles or so I think... that might do it, I'll see if he's still got it somewhere...

prodidgy - fire starter is pretty usefull.

I've done a couple of mixes with double bass drum, with a woofer (bass drum extension) on, which causes the subs in most venue to make a break for freedom (not deliberate, I was mixing on NS10's!! ;) )

Archived