Split Cue Comms/PFL for Sound Op

mrg198

Ynot - A master station would be lovely but I don't own one and neither does the theatre so @ £800 is an expensive solution in this case! However that is clever thinking!.

If it's just for the one show, then why one hire a master station...?

I doubt it would break the bank...

True, although I've only come across folks who hire beltpacks and PSU and not master stations. I'm looking for something that will work to use on conferences etc for our business as well so I'd rather not hire if I can avoid it. Plus you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get money from this group to pay for production costs - the difficulties of groups who do things for charity and matching funds - every £ I spend is £3 less they have to give to a good cause. The fact that we bring along £10k of our own kit to do the show with so we can make it sound/look good seems to pass them by....

Hmmm...

This is where you need to ask yourself the question - "who is this benefitting?"

The enhancement you're looking for isn't going to have a realistic and noticeable effect on the production as far as the audience, cast or production team are concerned. What it will do is help you as sound operator do your job easier. I'd say that without the facility you'd get the job done either way.

With that in mind, it's perhaps easy to understand why the charity wouldn't want to spend on something that's of no visible benefit.

So you then look at alternative options - some which will require some adaptation of maybe existing kit, or at least some time spent by yourself - therefore do you go that route and spend time and maybe a few quid on a solution that way (which may or may not work for your situation) or suck it up and spend £30 (Stage LX price for a week's hire of an MS 731) on a simple and effective way to achieve the goal.

Does anyone have any suggestions of better quality (for PFL purposes) headsets that are single muff and with suitable impedences etc. for use with Tecpro kit?

I carry a bayerdynamic DT280 as most of the companies I work for never sanitise their comms headsets. Much nicer than the techpro offerings, and I find I run my comms at lower levels as the quality of the audio in the headset is clearer.

we manufacture and sell a double muff headset with boom mic, with 2 output leads

1 x 1/4 inch mono jack for sound desk output/ pfl etc

1x 4pin XLR to connect direct into comms sytem, tecpro etc.

£55 each.

a simular one, without the comms interface lead is listed on ebay at present , just search for tecpro.

www.ultralightsound.co.uk

tel 01173502064

info@UltraLightSound.co.uk

Archived