Function 1 back at Glasto?

Chris Adam

Just spotted in PSNE that Audio Plus have their F1 res5s back at Glasto this year on the main stage. Really good to see them get a second chance if this is true as they seemed to get the worst of the press last time.

Will be interesting to see the outcome this time round.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, it will never please everyone, sometimes it barely pleases anyone.

It'll not be suitable to the line array gang, as they will listen with their eyes not their ears and notice that as it's not line array it can't be good.

It'll not be good enough to musicians as the instrument they play will have poor eq, dynamics and won't be loud enough in the mix.

It'll not be good to the neighbours as you'll be able to almost hear something representing noise if you listen really carefully at the end of your garden.

It'll not be good for the engineers as it doesn't have their favourite brand on it.

It'll not be good for anyone else because we like to criticise everything as much as possible. Including the engineers. It seems to be a certain quality the blue room has. Wherever there is any work done, someone will have done it wrong and it's important that we make a point of that.

Remember, before criticising someone. Walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes. No wait, that's not it is it.

Of course, it will never please everyone, sometimes it barely pleases anyone.

It'll not be suitable to the line array gang, as they will listen with their eyes not their ears and notice that as it's not line array it can't be good.

It'll not be good enough to musicians as the instrument they play will have poor eq, dynamics and won't be loud enough in the mix.

It'll not be good to the neighbours as you'll be able to almost hear something representing noise if you listen really carefully at the end of your garden.

It'll not be good for the engineers as it doesn't have their favourite brand on it.

It'll not be good for anyone else because we like to criticise everything as much as possible. Including the engineers. It seems to be a certain quality the blue room has. Wherever there is any work done, someone will have done it wrong and it's important that we make a point of that.

Remember, before criticising someone. Walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes. No wait, that's not it is it.

Spot on. I really hope it gets a fair chance this year. This'll be the first year in a few that I wont get to visit (first babies bad timing of arrival) but let's hope people keep an open mind.

I have to say that, out of all the bad press both Glasto and F1 got last time round, there wasn't much comment from people who had actually mixed on the system. Am I surprised? Not Really.

On the 'walk a mile in their shoes' point - someone over on PSW posted this link recently about how things work at Glastonbury. I'm not taking credit for finding it, but am posting it on here for those of us that aren't able to experience backstage at Glastonbury at first hand. As a small event operator it gave me an insight into the scale and complexity of this type of event, and I thought it was a good read.

http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/feb09/articles/glaston bury.htm://http://www.performing-musician.com/...laston bury.htm

It'll look lovely if it's sunny though, those pretty colours make all the difference!!

I'm surprised they haven't gone with Capital again, after a very successful setup last year; but I think they probably owe Tony Andrews a chance to salvage his, wrongly affected, reputation.

Edit: I also, hope that Chris Beale's and co manage to avoid the same coupling from the two main stages that led to the problems on that infamous evening; although I believe the interaction of the stages was ironedout last year(?).

I have it on good authority that Funktion 1 are not the supplier for the Pyramid Stage this year. As far as I am aware it will be the Longbow system again.

and having made a call to a friend it is Longbow again.

I have it on good authority that Funktion 1 are not the supplier for the Pyramid Stage this year. As far as I am aware it will be the Longbow system again.

I would prefer it not to be Funktion 1, but I would like to be proved wrong and become pleasantly surprised with the results! So I hope Matt, you are right, but found the page in Pro Sound News that Audio Plus make there claim, Page 28 (on the digital edition) http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1B4a263ebd771f3716.cde

Take Care,

Peter

I would prefer it not to be Funktion 1, but I would like to be proved wrong and become pleasantly surprised with the results! So I hope Matt, you are right, but found the page in Pro Sound News that Audio Plus make there claim, Page 28 (on the digital edition) http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1B4a263ebd771f3716.cde

Take Care,

Peter

I received an email from a colleague who is working on the main stage pa and that confirms it is Martin on again. I'll be going to meet him for a cup of tea while I'm there if I manage to get off my stage.

Take Care,

Peter

I received an email from a colleague who is working on the main stage pa and that confirms it is Martin on again. I'll be going to meet him for a cup of tea while I'm there if I manage to get off my stage.

Superb! Thats good news indeed!

Peter

Archived