replacement rotary pots

schooltechie

I am currently repairing a few amps and am looking for somewhere to buy some parts. I'm fixing a carlsbro keyboard amp. I need to get 1 x 1 ohm 4k7a resistor (thats what's on the back) and 1 x 1 ohm 22KA resistor. I also need to find somewhere to buy cheap stereo panel mount jacks.

Hope you can all help and if you need any more information just shout!

Alex

maplins? CPC? RS? Rapid Electronics? Farnell? a million and one others, but I'm guessing just find out who is your local component guys.

If you are a "school technician" like you name suggests then I think you'll be able to access RS components through the ABC (do schools still use that system?)

Good luck.

No, according to profile OP is a student!

Be nice to the school electronics tech \ teacher then? I know at my school they'd have been glad to help. Tell them what you need and if they haven't got it they can order it.

Always try to get original components from the manufacturer or distributor first.

In this instance Carlsbro will be able to supply the correct parts easily and inexpensively.

If you get general components from a catalogue - you will have to be sure that the pins match the PCB layout, the dimensions of the pot are correct, the shaft diameter is right and the flat or spline will fit the knob. And you can be sure that something, or possibly everything - will be wrong.....!

Carlsbro knobs are also of a unique design - that won't be available anywhere else. Phew!

I'm fixing a carlsbro keyboard amp. I need to get 1 x 1 ohm 4k7a resistor (thats what's on the back) and 1 x 1 ohm 22KA resistor. I also need to find somewhere to buy cheap stereo panel mount jacks.

Alex

I concur with the reply suggesting particular suppliers. Rapid Electronics is good for audio-type pots, as are Farnell.

The values of 4k7 and 22k are valid standard pot values.

The A suffix denotes the law of the pot, and here is where care is required:

For UK & European manufactured pots, suffix A denotes a LINEAR law. Typical for balance, pan, EQ cut/boost and similar applications.

For Far Eastern manufactured pots, suffix A denotes a LOGARITHMIC law. Typical for volume/level pots (to go with the ear's log response).

As an aside, suffix B would be LOG for European pots and LINEAR for Far Eastern pots..... A truly stunning non-standard standard!

Although in administration, Carlsbro may be able to help as they are still trading.... it could be worth a phone call.

http://www.carlsbro.com/

Archived