martin mania 2510 help

Dj Grace

Hi can anyone help, I recently purchased the following:-

2x Martin mania efx 600s, 2x scx 600s, and a martin 2510 controller.

I have been told that the controller needs to be programmed by disc jockey because the programs you download from the martin website are set for the efx 500. I only really bought the controller for the blackout function. has anyone else had this problem and can you help!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

You are correct that the pre programmed shows on our website for the Mania series and the 2510 are for a combination of the EXF 600 and SCX 500 or the EFX 700 and the SCX 600. We have done it this way so that the shows combine the two discharge versions of the fixtures and the two halogen versions. So in order for you to use the 2510 with the fixtures you have you can program the 2510 using the Lighjockey program that is available from our website. This software is free to download but you need to buy a dongle to be able to output DMX to fixtures. However you can program blind or using the offline visualiser to program sequences which can then be downloaded to the 2510 via an RS232 port, so you can program your 2510 withouot the need to spend money on Lightjockey. Lightjockey is a very simple program to use and the help file is very useful, but if you are not comfortable programming blind then I would recommend asking for a very helpful Lightjockey programmer on this forum or this one to program your lights for you, I'm sure someone would be happy to help for a small fee.

Edit: Just checked our website and noticed that the shows available for the Mania series are not quite what I outlined here. There are shows that only use the SCX 500 and then there are shows that are for the EFX 500 and the SCX 600 two 250w Halogen units and then there are shows for the EFX 600 and SCX 700 two 150w discharge unit. It doesn't change the theme of my answer but I don't want to be accused of misrepresenting our own products that would be embarrasing :D

You are correct that the pre programmed shows on our website for the Mania series and the 2510 are for a combination of the EXF 600 and SCX 500 or the EFX 700 and the SCX 600. We have done it this way so that the shows combine the two discharge versions of the fixtures and the two halogen versions. So in order for you to use the 2510 with the fixtures you have you can program the 2510 using the Lighjockey program that is available from our website. This software is free to download but you need to buy a dongle to be able to output DMX to fixtures. However you can program blind or using the offline visualiser to program sequences which can then be downloaded to the 2510 via an RS232 port, so you can program your 2510 withouot the need to spend money on Lightjockey. Lightjockey is a very simple program to use and the help file is very useful, but if you are not comfortable programming blind then I would recommend asking for a very helpful Lightjockey programmer on this forum or this one to program your lights for you, I'm sure someone would be happy to help for a small fee.

Edit: Just checked our website and noticed that the shows available for the Mania series are not quite what I outlined here. There are shows that only use the SCX 500 and then there are shows that are for the EFX 500 and the SCX 600 two 250w Halogen units and then there are shows for the EFX 600 and SCX 700 two 150w discharge unit. It doesn't change the theme of my answer but I don't want to be accused of misrepresenting our own products that would be embarrasing :D

thanks, is there a cheaper program than lightjockey that will do the same job?

From what I gather Matt is saying you can do this for free.
Yep, looks like Matt is saying that you can use the Free download of Lightjockey as an offline editor and then download the show into your 2510 with a cheap serial cable.

Most console manufacturers give away the offline editor (OLE) version of their controllers for free - it's just when you want to control stuff 'live' that they ask you to pay for it.

The idea is that anybody can download the OLE to pre-program or pre-visualise a show, and the console manufacturer makes money when you buy the 'real' console or playback controller.

- You can also treat the OLE as a 'demo' environment to can play with to help decide if you're going to like the real console or not. There's no point spending money on a console you hate.

• 2 weeks later...
I ve had no luck getting this controller programmed, so ive decided to upgrade the scx600s to efx 700s, all four lights will then be 150w discharge, will the controller work properley with the efx 600s and efx 700s,thanks

I ve had no luck getting this controller programmed, so ive decided to upgrade the scx600s to efx 700s, all four lights will then be 150w discharge, will the controller work properley with the efx 600s and efx 700s,thanks

In short, no. The download and play shows are for combination of SCX's and EFX's not a combination of EFX's. So if you are going to upgrade the SCX 600s then I would upgrade them to SCX 700s and use the download and play shows on our website. The shows for the SCX 700 and EFX 600 will run a maximum of 6 SCX 700s and 2 EFX 600s. You can have more if you wanted by having more than one fixture on the same address and inverting the pan. This is recommended for the EFX 600s if you run more than one but you can see some suggested configurations here

HTH

Archived