Tri-light and alluminium tube - good price?

cineko

Hi all,

I've been offered two screen frames in the form of some Aluminum tri-light and Aluminum scaffold bar and wanted to know if the price is good.

The tri-light is in 2m sections apparently with lots of corners, tee-sections joiners etc. I'm not sure how many actual sections there are but there is enough to make up a 30ft wide x 13ft tall screen frame.

He is also including hundreds of elastic cords for quick lacing of a screen and a screen fabric itself.

Also included is a set of singe aluminum scaffold tubing to make up the same size screen frame. So two lots of aluminum frame - one tri-light and one single tubing.

All the above for £1000 - is that a fair price? Sounds fine to me but as I've never bought any tri-light before I've really no idea.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

it really depends on the screen material, if its proper projection screen material then that alone is probably worth more than that new, if it is a proper rear projection screen then even more so.

I would queery (without knowing more about it) a 30ft wide screen frame made from scaf tube, I would of thought the screen would pull it out of scpe and give badly curved sides

As the truss is second hand, it would be wise to check for any nasty dents or fractured welds, that would seriously affect the price.

As far as the Scaff goes, for straight sections, it costs less tham £ 30 (+vat) for a 4m lenght new.

The financial value of what you're buying is in the truss, not the scaff. You really need to know the quantities of what you are purchasing are, as well as the condition.

The list price is worth looking at (even if it is only for a laugh :rolleyes: ), but remember there are probably very few of us here that pay list price for anything.

The second hand value is even less, so be cautious, and cost ot what you're getting for the money.

Edit to add.....

After re-reading the OP, If you are using it for Screen support, then surely you only need 4 2way 90 degree corners?

Edit to add.....

After re-reading the OP, If you are using it for Screen support, then surely you only need 4 2way 90 degree corners?

Not if you want a screen surround with legs, then you would need 2 2-way 90 degree and 2 T pieces.

Archived