DENON DN-1000F CD PLAYER

MATTJSTMARYS

The DN1000 is simply a single version of the DN2000, I've got a paper manual for that somewhere, but really they're not the world's most difficult machine to operate. Was there anything specific you need to know and I can look it up? There's a few hidden features to do with the cueing, display, time mode etc that arent marked on the panel.

I seem to recall you can turn on autocue/continuous play by holding rewind and pressing forward, or something very similar. Setting cue point should be easy to figure out by trial and error. Otherwise I'm fairly sure it's all quite straight-forward.

Thanks for you reply I will give it a try on Monday.

the other problem I seem to have but doesn't bother me to much is that if the CD player has just played a CD and I change the CD it fails to read but if I turn the player off the on again it reads first time.

thanks Matt

Don't know that particular unit, but it'll be switchable between continuous play and single-track. Is there a button marked "Cont" - try pressing that. Or try pressing the "time" button (that flips the display between time elapsed and time remaining) and holding it down for a few seconds.

Don't know that particular unit, but it'll be switchable between continuous play and single-track. Is there a button marked "Cont" - try pressing that. Or try pressing the "time" button (that flips the display between time elapsed and time remaining) and holding it down for a few seconds.

Hi Bruce,

there is no cont button but there is a time button I will try holding that in and see what happens

thanks

Matt

I'd say that's likely just coincidence. But they are old now and might benefit from a lens clean. Ideally you should do this directly by getting inside and delicately brushing with cotton buds with a few drops of IPA. I can't remember how accessible the lens is on these units. Alternatively you could try running a cleaning CD through, but they're nowhere near as effective.

Incidentally, if I'm wrong about the rewind/forward buttons it is definitely something very similar - ie. hold both and press the time button etc. Holding 'time' works for Pioneer, but not these old Denons. There will be something in the display to indicate which mode it is in - IIRC just a 'C' for continuous.

I'd say that's likely just coincidence. But they are old now and might benefit from a lens clean. Ideally you should do this directly by getting inside and delicately brushing with cotton buds with a few drops of IPA. I can't remember how accessible the lens is on these units. Alternatively you could try running a cleaning CD through, but they're nowhere near as effective.

Incidentally, if I'm wrong about the rewind/forward buttons it is definitely something very similar - ie. hold both and press the time button etc. Holding 'time' works for Pioneer, but not these old Denons. There will be something in the display to indicate which mode it is in - IIRC just a 'C' for continuous.

Hi,

Thanks I will try and press and hold all sorts on Monday and see if anything happens. I have used a cleaning CD but that didn't work I will try the cotton bud way when I get chance. I don't mean to sound stupid but what is IPA and where can I get it from.

Thanks

A pub.

No, sorry, bad joke and already made once this week. Isopropyl alcohol. Available from Maplin's or similar. I would have said tape head cleaner, but I wondered if you can get it easily anymore?

** laughs out loud ** I get your joke btw ipa is on other in most JD weatherspoons pubs for 99p a pint.

Thanks for your help

Archived