Fireworks Software

DickM

Does anyone know of any software that will create the effect of a firework display on a PC?

I've been asked if I can project the effect of a firework display onto the cyc. Projection from my laptop I can handle, but I don't know how to create the firework animation. Clearly a full screen output of multiple coloured 'bursts' on a black background would be ideal.

This is short amateur no-budget show, so I'm afraid any software really must be FREE to download.

Any suggestions anyone?

Cheers, DickM

Tyr looking for Snoqualmie. It's a particles screensaver, which can be configured to look like fireworks - the free version has scrolling text across the bottom of the screen, which you might be able to lose by adjusting the projector to crop the image, but I think it was only £10 to register, or something like that...

You could try the demo of Multimedia Fusion at http://www.clickteam.com/ the full version comes with fireworks graphics in its library. The problem is I don't know if these are in the demo.

Otherwise it allows you to import GIFs and the like so you could search the net and create your own show, MMF is fairly simple to use or you could use an equivalent such as Flash http://www.macromedia.com/ All you need to do is run the show from the IDE in full screen as you could obviously set it up before projecting it.

I think there is a Winamp visualisation which shows a firework display timed to the music . Trouble is I forget what it's called and can't check on this machine - sorry!

Or you could always do this if you have any Corel applications. It even comes complete with sounds, and you trigger each firework with a mouse click.

HTH

PN

1. Open a Corel Application.

2. Click help then about.

3. Double click on any icon to get the the Corel Zepplin. Right click mouse to launch fireworks, left click to change color of scrolling credits.

4. Press Shift & Ctrl & Alt and double click on any icon to get the second balloon. Right click mouse to get falling Elvis, a left click makes the balloon rise.

5. Press Alt and double click on any icon to get the third balloon. This is the coolest. Right click mouse to get launch fireworks complete with sound, a left click makes the balloon rise.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've had a go with the Snoqualmie screensaver, but lost the will to live after spending about an hour trying to stop everything gravitating towards the bottom of the screen after about a few seconds. Otherwise an interesting program that might come in useful for other effects some time in the future!

I'm currently playing with Multimedia Fusion - yes the demo does come with some built-in fireworks, but I'm having to spend some time learning how to put a sequence together. This looks like the most promising solution so far... unless of course, someone else knows different!

Cheers, DickM

Thanks again for the replies.

Try this, Sounds exactly what you are after

http://www.pyroinfinity.tv/en/default.asp

Although their web site said it was available to $29 if you follow the link it appears this is no longer available.

This is a free cd-rom for the asking of fireworks

http://www.fireworks4weddings.co.uk/

Nice thought, but I suspect their video shorts would include lots of background and probably people in wedding dresses.

However, I have created a pretty satisfactory display using the Multimedia Fusion tool. If I can figure out how to do it I'll post a screenshot or two if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

I would be interested to see what you have done with it if you can.

Once you get the hang of it it, MMF is a very powerful program, Powerpoint on multiple steroids. And cheaper (and some may say easier to use) than high end programs like Macromedia Director etc.

Archived