new dimmers

themadhippy

thanks all,dont think well be going down the strand route after all,the comment from my boss was "there ***t,and made by strand".

But that's just it - they aren't. (Sh*t, that is - they're definitely made by Strand!)

LD90s are perfectly good dimmers - I used to be the electrician at a venue which had 12 racks of them bolted to the dimmer room walls, and once a spate of component failures in the first month had been sorted out they gave no trouble for the three years I was there.

EC90s, however, are another matter ..... :D

If you can overcome the Strand problem, take a look at the Strand SD6, it is a good 6 channel 13A dimmer. They should be priced at a point hwere you can afford to mod your mains supply to feed 6 way packs. 19 in rack mount, with a bunch of features including the ability to allocate individual addresses as originally rquired.

Good luck,

Chris McK

LD90s are perfectly good dimmers - I used to be the electrician at a venue which had 12 racks of them bolted to the dimmer room walls, and once a spate of component failures in the first month had been sorted out they gave no trouble for the three years I was there.

Yes, but there's more to consider when buying a dimmer than just whether they are reliable.

What kind of input or inputs do you want, what features do you need, how much space do they take up, how easy are they in install and maintain, what is the rise time, etc, etc.

Yes, but there's more to consider when buying a dimmer than just whether they are reliable.

You're absolutely right. I wasn't ignoring this fact, though - I was just pointing out that Hippy is wrong to write off Strand dimmers in one fell swoop based solely on the assumption that they're "sh*t". They aren't.

not me who recons there s**t,its my boss,the man who makes the final disision,seemingly hes heard horror stories of people having problems with them in the past,maybe they were the early models,however I think hes realy got an ADB fetish

not me who recons there s**t,its my boss,the man who makes the final disision,seemingly hes heard horror stories of people having problems with them in the past,maybe they were the early models,however I think hes realy got an ADB fetish

I think you will find that someone has a horror story for virtually every product on the market, every manufacturer has problems at one time or another.

Archived