new dimmers

themadhippy

looking for a replacment for our slowly dying permus racks,however it aint that simpe,it would be handy to address individual channels to individual DMX addresses,so far olny the adb eurack 60 and zero 88 chillipro 's

seem to offer this. compudim and etc sensor were considered but it apears they can olny be be adressed as individul racks.

Are there any others ive missed? and has any one good or bad experiance with either these on our short list,or others ?

any pointers or advice greatfully recived

hadn't considered strand, will look into those a bit more,

forgot to mention that were looking for packs of 24,if we went down the 12 channel packs (biggest I can find in the smartpacks) we'd need to change the disboard feeding them as well

looking for a replacment for our slowly dying permus racks,however it aint that simpe,it would be handy to address individual channels to individual DMX addresses,so far olny the adb eurack 60 and zero 88 chillipro 's

seem to offer this. compudim and etc sensor were considered but it apears they can olny be be adressed as individul racks.

Why do you need to be able to do this? Can't you softpatch on the desk?

For a cheap solution could you fix the Permus racks?

Why do you need to be able to do this? Can't you softpatch on the desk

yep sure can,if I can rember how to do it :angry:

being able to patch individual channels to individual addreses on the dimmers will allow us to keep a standard 1-1 patch,make the circuit layouts more logical but spread the circuits over 4 packs,if 1 pack goes down we wont lose all foh ect,olny 1/4 of it,at least thats the plan

As for getting the permus repaired, weres the shudder smiley,once weve got the new dimmers in we intend to canablise them to get 1 fully working pack and upgrade another smaller venue

Why do you need to be able to do this?

It's quite common, usually when each dimmer rack has a three-phase incomer. You might have FOH on red, overheads on yellow, and dips and perches on blue, for example - so on each 24-way rack 8 circuits would go to FOH, 8 to the fly floor, and 8 to dips boxes. In all probability, these wouldn't number consecutively, so you might want the dimmer numbering on a rack of 24 to run (for example) 1-8, 41-48, 101-108. A software patch at the rack enables you to do this while keeping your circuits numbered in a logical way and retaining a 1-to-1 patch on the desk.

Just to correct one of your comments, the Compulite CompuDIM 2000 racks can have each dimmer patched to a separate DMX channel as you require, not only this but the racks have two DMX and one Ethernet input and each dimmer can have a separate patch for each of the inputs.

You may be thinking of the old CompuDIM dimmers where you could only patch within each frame of 24 dimmers.

There is also a 24 channel install version of the the CompuDIM 2000 which has all the same features i.e. 2 DMX and or Ethernet control and patch of any dimmer to any channel on any input.

You can also get a PC software package that enables the dimmers to be fully configured remotely, you can save as many different configurations as you want. The software also monitors the dimmers and will flag up all kinds of error such as MCB tripped, overload, over temperature and even when a lamp blows. You can read out of all this info on the LCD display on the dimmer.

All this for about the same price as the Eurorack 60.

More info on our web site at http://stagetec.co.uk/php/index.php?sectio...&contentid=1300

We will have them on our stand in the Lindley Hall at the ABTT show if you want to take a look.

forgot to mention that were looking for packs of 24,if we went down the 12 channel packs (biggest I can find in the smartpacks)

Two 12 channel smartpacks take far less room then an LD90! Use the rackmount not the install version and you can get 72 channels in 18 rack units! They're probably more cost effective too!

Regards

Tim

You may be thinking of the old CompuDIM dimmers where you could only patch within each frame of 24 dimmers

could be,will double check the broucher when I get into work tommorow,the thing in compulites favour is the abilaty to partially load the racks with as many modules as you can afford,and then add more as funds become avaliable

We will have them on our stand in the Lindley Hall at the ABTT show if you want to take a look

any free beer on the stand :angry:

Two 12 channel smartpacks take far less room then an LD90

fair point,but I dont fancy replacing the origanl dis board thats feeding the dimmers for something twice as big,my days of strangeling large aurmoured cables are over,and I dont want to start again if I can help it :)

the thing in compulites favour is the abilaty to partially load the racks with as many modules as you can afford,and then add more as funds become avaliable

any free beer on the stand :)

If your talking about adding more modules at a later date that would be the CompuDIM 2000 rather than the CompuRACK, BIG difference in price, but if this isn't an issue :angry:

Other thing you can with CompuDIM 2000 is have hard wire bypass switches on the modules, this basically converts a dimmer channel to hard mains for powering moving lights, saves you running in separate mains supplies everywhere.

As to free beer at ABTT, don't think we will have any on the stand, don't think it is allowed, but we have a bar very near by and I would be more than happy to buy you a beer.

Another advantage of the Compulite CompuRACK is that it is convection cooled - very handy if you have to mount your dimmers side of stage or on a fly-floor etc.

CompuRACK can be configured with upto 24 channels per rack - these can be rated at 2.5kW (10A), 3kW, 5kW, or a DMX-controlled 16A relay. As Andy says, each channel can be patched to any DMX address as required.

More information at www.enlightenment.co.uk/compulite.

thanks all,dont think well be going down the strand route after all,the comment from my boss was "there ***t,and made by strand".As for compulite looks like I was reading the wrong broucher,

barney I think your already on the case with this one,check my profile,im person who can crash the vision 10 just by looking at it :angry:

Archived