Who's good with Excel?

Bryson

Ideally I would like to insert the list price in one column, have the discount as a percentage in the next (which would be different and edited for each quote) and then the new price in the following column.

If I understand the question properly :** laughs out loud **:

=list - ((list/100) * discount)

or

=A1-((A1/100)*B1)

Great, that works, I think my issue was mainly down to having the discount cell formated to display as a percentage.

I don't know why that messes it all up but thanks for your help.

Mark

If a cell is formatted as a percentage then the number contained in it is actually 1/100 of what is displayed (see the Excel help file). Although you type in '15' to display '15%' the number actually stored in the cell is '0.15'.

So all you need is:

=A1*(1-B1)

where cell A1 contains the original price and B1 contains the discount displayed as a percentage.

Edited to remove unneccessary parentheses from the formula.

At school for my coursework I had to create a calculator in Excel for a product using various options with drop dowon lists etc. We had to apply a discount and use radio buttons to select the discount. If you want, I'll post up the code for the discount radio buttons and a method of doing it.

At school for my coursework I had to create a calculator in Excel for a product using various options with drop dowon lists etc. We had to apply a discount and use radio buttons to select the discount. If you want, I'll post up the code for the discount radio buttons and a method of doing it.

I'm still working on my version of the four a coursework project. Mostly managed to do it without hitting any VBA, just hiding the tick-box is interesting...

If you want, I'll post up the code for the discount radio buttons and a method of doing it.

Sounds great, thanks

I'll see if I can post it tomorrow (after a rehearsal!).

I'm still working on my version of the four a coursework project. Mostly managed to do it without hitting any VBA, just hiding the tick-box is interesting...

The only VBA I used was for the hiding of the tick box; I didn't need to use it for anything else. PM me if you'd like some help :)

Archived