Patt 123's required in London ASAP

agermich

Hello Everyone

We have been asked by a designer if we can source 16 Patt 123's for a studio show that tech's next week. Does anybody know of any theatres in London that might have some available that we would be able to borrow from ASAP until Monday 16th Feb. We would be able to collect and return. To stem the tide of suggestions of using modern fresnels - we have plenty of them but this is an aesthetic choice by the designer to use 123's due to the period setting and unusual rigging of the show. I hope there's somebody out there who can help. As a last resort some suggestions of hire companys who still stock them would be usefull although there isn't much budget available.

Many Thanks

Mike Ager

TPR Technician

Young Vic Theatre

Hello Everyone

We have been asked by a designer if we can source 16 Patt 123's for a studio show that tech's next week. Does anybody know of any theatres in London that might have some available that we would be able to borrow from ASAP until Monday 16th Feb. We would be able to collect and return. To stem the tide of suggestions of using modern fresnels - we have plenty of them but this is an aesthetic choice by the designer to use 123's due to the period setting and unusual rigging of the show. I hope there's somebody out there who can help. As a last resort some suggestions of hire companys who still stock them would be usefull although there isn't much budget available.

Many Thanks

Mike Ager

TPR Technician

Young Vic Theatre

Phone Kat Murray or Ian Thompson at the Crescent Theatre in Birmingham. We have five in our studio. 0121 643 5859.

I think the Arcola has a few lying around in their store, the Finborugh also has a couple which you might be able to do a temporary swap with. Jim Lawes lighting up near Manchester used to hire them out but I'm not sure if they still have them.

Hello Everyone

Many Thanks

Mike Ager

TPR Technician

Young Vic Theatre

Again its not in london but try Sebastian Barnes at the midland atrs centre http://www.macarts.co.uk as they had a studio full of them and are also dark for a refurb till later on this year

Thank you to everyone for your helpful suggestions. We were all ready to start following up on them but the designer saw a run-through of the performance last night and did a re-design - getting rid of all the 123's! Oh-well, at least we found out before making a wasted van-run!

Mods: please feel free to close this thread.

Cheers

Mike

Hello Everyone

Many Thanks

Mike Ager

TPR Technician

Young Vic Theatre

I may have a couple . I can check tomorrow morning (fri.) however I am out in Canturbury. A long way for 2 lanterns. do drop me a line If they are of any use.

Andy

Archived