PLASA Focus '09

Russ83

Register online now and your ticket will give you access to The Saviles Hall and The Royal Armouries Hall on both open days of the Show. It also gives you entry to the educational programme and everyone that attends will receive a free lunch.

I shall probably be there.

Are they still doing the free lunch? Doesn't seem to mention it on the website..

It begs the question of how well will PLASA make the transition from one major supplier's successful show that highlights the lines it carries and distributes, (but where some degree of emphasis is upon the host company) to an eclectic trade show where a multitude of companies all vie for attention under the umbrella of our beloved trade association.

The key thing is that AC could "afford" to foot the bill for food (not necessarily just in monetary terms but in advertising / goodwill / loyalty etc.), whereas I suspect that the normal trade show model won't support that.

What I do hope is that the "table top" style (i.e. simple shell stands with a few gadgets and brochures plus some well informed reps) will remain, coupled with a good signal to noise ratio in the visitors.

I will most likely make the trip, and hope that PLASA retain the essential ingredients that gave the old AC show its charm and effectiveness.

Simon

Got an email through the other day.

I might go up, is a bit of a journey though. Might possibly be in the Midlands area around that time anyway as long as nothing gets in the way down here.

Are they still doing the free lunch? Doesn't seem to mention it on the website..

It begs the question of how well will PLASA make the transition from one major supplier's successful show that highlights the lines it carries and distributes, (but where some degree of emphasis is upon the host company) to an eclectic trade show where a multitude of companies all vie for attention under the umbrella of our beloved trade association.

The key thing is that AC could "afford" to foot the bill for food (not necessarily just in monetary terms but in advertising / goodwill / loyalty etc.), whereas I suspect that the normal trade show model won't support that.

What I do hope is that the "table top" style (i.e. simple shell stands with a few gadgets and brochures plus some well informed reps) will remain, coupled with a good signal to noise ratio in the visitors.

I will most likely make the trip, and hope that PLASA retain the essential ingredients that gave the old AC show its charm and effectiveness.

Simon

But surely it's an annual day out for us sad and afflicted bi-pedal vertical backbone humming beans that have nothing to do on the show dates ;)

I'll be there, I don't need to be, because with the internet and sales reps, there's nothing really new.........it's the networking thing for me.

Edit to add.....the free lunch last year was bloody awful.....but I was starving, so actually, it was really appreciated, given the circumstances. Less of the spicy things please :)

Well, I've registered - but my first brief contact with the new organisational regime doesn't inspire confidence! I tried, and failed, several times to submit my registration form and the server flatly refused to accept it. I couldn't work out why - until I realised that it didn't like the name of my county (Flintshire), and required me to enter the old county name of Clwyd, which ceased to exist about ten years ago. Nice to see they're up to date.

Never had that trouble when Jono and his crack team at AC North were organising it! ;)

Archived