Scafolding towers and outriggers

it3986

Surely that's is upto your drama teacher - if you're entering y13 then they can't be paying you for this responsibilty surely ?

They aren't paying me. And if I don't think that somebody shoud go up a ladder/tallscore/tower then they wont. Simple matter of judgement.

But the same is true if the Drama teacher (dunno why him tho) says that somebody isn't allowed up.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if you allow them up they fall off - who's in trouble ? you ? or the school ?

The most likely people to be prosecuted in this schools case would be the governors as they have responsibility for the management of the school.

However, if the HSE felt it appropriate, they would also name the school's Head, whoever in the SMT had responsibility for H&S and the Head of Department. It's unlikely that any individual pupil would be prosecuted. They would just have to live with the knowledge that a decision they took led to someone being injured/killed.

'And if I don't think that somebody shoud go up a ladder/tallscore/tower then they wont. Simple matter of judgement.'

So if you allow them up they fall off - who's in trouble ? you ? or the school ?

It's not just my judgement, I am sort of the 'last line of defence' as it were. Every crewmember would be, at some satge prior to any work, give the 'OK' for work at heights, and what I am saying is if I am managing the rigging at the time when that person is pratting about and want to go up a Tower or Tallescope etc then I would say no, and that would be that.

But it would be the school anyway, I am not obliged to make any such decision, I do so out of choice to try to ensure the extra safety of the crew when working at heights.

Archived