Colours

the kid

That's right!

We spent the afternoon reviewing over 120 colors of gel media. Things got a little 'slap-happy' and our gel names were born. You can see the full list of names and transmissions (whose numbers make sense) at http://www.internetapollo.com/products/pro...p_class=Filters

If you have a few 'perky' names- we'll be adding more color in the future and could use your suggestions.

keith@internetapollo.com

Keith Kankovsky

Apollo Design Technology

visit us at www.internetapollo.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(A few of my persoal favorites are Salmon'illa', Spanked Pink, Pilsner Yellow, Whiskey Tint and the best.... Cowboys and Indigo)

IGotThe Blues

Aikar-amber

EricThe Red

Village Green

Vile - it

Galaxy Chocolate (sponsored by Mars)

Tickled Pink

Mellow Yellow

Scottish Salmon

Jack Straw

Jack Frost

British Steel

Back Rose / Front Rose

The list is endless.

BTW the ceiling of our auditorium is painted in a colour recommended by a colourist from Dulux - it's called 'Beaver'. Never fails to amuse!

How about a gel called 'Surprise Beaver'?

'No More Black' - I love it. That goes right along with the 'lightsuck' that removes all light from an area near/behind the lighting fixture- ** laughs out loud **.

'IGotThe Blues' and 'EricThe Red' have got some serious potential. Let me run that past our Marketing VP -

'Back Rose / Front Rose' is new spin that deserves some thought as well-

I don't think the 'Surprise Beaver' is going to fly though.... (catchy name- mental imagery is incredible)

I can see we have some new name potential with this cross-section of the lighting community!

Keep them coming!

Keith Kankovsky

Don't think anyone's mentioned them so far, but any track by Sparks would also be fairly appropriate ...

Have we switched threads here? This is colours not songs! :angry:

Damn! Yes, you're quite right! Dunno how that happened! :) I think a swift bit of topic splitting and merging is called for! D'oh!!!!!!

(Two minutes with the electronic scissors and Pritt Stick later ...) - right, all done. All posts now in their rightful places!

Coming late to this thread I want to toss my 2 cents worth in on the original colour numbering track.

The original 2 digit numbers were Strand Cinemoid, Lee picked up the numbers and colours and added the 1 in front whilst adding more colours. Chris James created the 300 number series with colours based on the old Roscolene range for the BeeB. Lee picked this up and added these colours to its range also. CJ also created the 0 colour range using the same numbers and colours from the Rosco Supergel range, but making the filter in polyester rather than polycarbonate. Rosco E colour is in fact badge engineered Chris James filter as is Arri Gel.

I love thenames from Apollo (thanks Keith & team) but remain committed to using 0s, 100s, 200s and 300s, not to mention the odd 400 in the Chris James range.

Chris McK

Well I've just got my package from apollo and I really like the range. I know that there are not as meny colours but there are some really decent ones that are really deep. To me its a wash range the kind of thing you would use to do a bright wash of colour.

But I dont like the gobo range they all seem the same. :D

Archived