Eurovision Song Contest

Tomo

Anyone any idea what might be inside the ovoid bits on the stage?

At first I thought it was a set of Chromadecks, but then they started doing funky graphics on it, and I didn't think you could do that with chromapanels.

It looks too bright to be a set of plasma screens, and the resolution looks too high to be an LED screen.

Or can you get those things in higher resolutions than I've seen?

Either way, it's very pretty, and probably hideously expensive!

I've just seen it! Man does that look good. :( It's very high resolution so I agree and don't think it is LED. Not chromapanels as these can only mix colours it almost looks like very high resolution TV screens (or though this is not the case before someone points this out). Croatia number 11(Edit: infact all of the acts) has the same sort of graphics in the background on the set what could this be Gobos I think not as the graphics change shape while moving so this looks like graphic and it not a screen of some sort (like the floor) as you can see through the graphics like light onto the surrounding set, maybe a very powerful projection from LCD projectors for this background light/graphics can you do this? :huh:

Yeh it does look very expernsive. But on the oppening shot I want to know what was up with the circle of trussing with some moving heads on just randomly placed, it didnt even look in the middle.

Mind you the floor and backs look as though they could b rear projection screens.

Not sure, but there's quite a bit of info here - and from this it is definately LED.

I think all the digital media on the show is really cool - from the site above Catalyst is running on the show, so I guess its driving the floor as well. Looks stunning!

I think this technology is all really exciting! I'm fortunate enough to be programming an EX1 media server in Richmond for the next couple of weeks, and its mindblowingly awesome!

Cheers,

David

Cheers for that!

The diary is very informative - very clever tricks with glass to smudge out the LED pixel effect and make it look more like a plasma screen.

Can't help but wince at the high heels stood on it.

Apparently the have smashed a couple of the glass covers so far in rehearsals! Luckily they are triple glazing and nothing has gone through to the LEDs underneath.

I think this technology is all really exciting! I'm fortunate enough to be programming an EX1 media server in Richmond for the next couple of weeks, and its mindblowingly awesome!

Cool, what gig are you doing with it?

M

Archived