More WEEE

Simon Lewis

To be fair (grudgingly) to the EU, we're paying a front end charge on lamps for collection and recycling - but no collection is being made or offered by many suppliers?!

Many will recycle, but try to put the burden of delivery to a recycling centre back to the customer, when the WEE directives place resonsibility for collection on the manufacturer not the end user.

So I'd say that "we" (end users) are trying to WEE properly, but many suppliers and manufacturers are clearly still ignoring the costly bits of the directive.

The distributors will all pay into a WEEE scheme this is perfectly acceptable it is not the responsibility of the distributor to collect but it is their responsibility to ensure there is sufficient facilities, this in almost all cases is done by paying into a scheme its the same for all the shops selling things on the high street etc. We are doing it right its just a very misunderstood piece of legislation, I know I had to go thought months of meetings and trainign on it when it was first coming in ... not fun

Archived