DMX for Chilli Dimmers

techbird

Hi All,

I am an old fashioned manual patch plug and go girl, but at my new job we have two new shiny Chillis. I have two Chillis on the wall both are reading DMX1 so at the moment my two rigs are paired. I have checked the soft patch on my Fat Frog and all seem well there.

So I believe that I need to set my address on my 2nd Chilli. This is where I may need your help. I have tried to no avail to set the DMX from 25 - 48.

If you can help that would grately appreciated ;)

Many Thanks TechBird

As David says it's all in the manual. Incidentally you can also soft patch every channel in each pack to an individual DMX address. The installation in our new theatre appears completely random. I guess the installers just terminated all the cables to the IWBs and then soft patched to get the circuit numbering correct. I'm not looking forward to the day when it all has to be fixed if the Chilli Pros crash.

The installation in our new theatre appears completely random. I guess the installers just terminated all the cables to the IWBs and then soft patched to get the circuit numbering correct.

If the racks are three-phase, you may well find that the circuits have been distributed on the racks so that only one phase appears on each lighting bar, etc.

Barney

If the racks are three-phase, you may well find that the circuits have been distributed on the racks so that only one phase appears on each lighting bar, etc.

Although that is no longer actually necessary...

No it's not necessary, but it doesn't stop end users specifying that only one phase should appear on a bar. We get that request quite frequently, normally in the education side of things.

In fact when we install in schools we tend to design the systems that way anyway. I know 230V kills just as effectively as 415V when allowed to, but if separate phases keeps our customers happy, who am I to disagree.

John

PS I'm not an electrician, so I always run any questions past our tame electrical contrator, which I always think is good advice.

Boatman - have you got a record of what the Chilli's softpach currently is? Otherwise I would suggest getting one (possibly by flicking through the dimmers settings and checking when you get time) so if the dimmers do crash, you've got this information already to hand and don't need to work it all out from scratch.

Boatman - have you got a record of what the Chilli's softpach currently is? Otherwise I would suggest getting one (possibly by flicking through the dimmers settings and checking when you get time) so if the dimmers do crash, you've got this information already to hand and don't need to work it all out from scratch.

No I don't, but next time I'm in the theatre with half an hour to spare it's on the To-Do list! Thanks for the warning.

Archived