Comms Headset

Hi All

Im looking to buy a new headset to replace a Tecpro SMH210 which I find too big and bulky. As I also wear glasses I find it slightly uncomfortable as well. Our comms system is a techpro system comprising of the SMH210 headsets and bp111 beltpacks. I would also like the headset to be compatible with other systems, ie clearcom. Ideally looking to spend less than £100.

All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Alternatively, if you want cheap, buy a set of these from CPC and remove the second earpiece. It's a very easy job and less than one tenth of the price of the Telex headsets!

This headset is the wrong impedance and likely to make the amp inside the beltpack start self oscillating and burn out the amp!!

I bought a set of the ASL HS-1/D as Gareth has already suggested to compliment the SMH210's I have. I can't fault them in a control room type environment but I wouldn't like to rely on them at the followspots during panto. One comment that I have had back is that the microphone is not particularly high quality with a big roll off on higher voice frequencies making your voice sound a little unnatural for the other users on the system that are using normal canford headsets.

They are not going to withstand a world tour, but for £30 when they break, buy another pair

Archived