Microphone holder

revbobuk

Does anyone know if there exists a holder to take a vocalists microphone which clips on to the mic stand (or on to a music stand) so that the vocalist can leave the mic there when they are not singing? I'm sure such a thing must have been created. Obviously I don't mean a regular mic clip, but rather some sort of loop that the mic could simply rest in.

Does anyone know if there exists a holder to take a vocalists microphone which clips on to the mic stand (or on to a music stand) so that the vocalist can leave the mic there when they are not singing? I'm sure such a thing must have been created. Obviously I don't mean a regular mic clip, but rather some sort of loop that the mic could simply rest in.

Could you adapt one of these to fit on?

http://cpc.farnell.com/MP33304/audio-video...requestid=94942

you might need to drill 2 small holes in your music stand, then use a couple of small nuts and bolts, but it would do the job!

James

Hi Bob

Only guessing at what you're driving at but if you want a device that will enable the mic to be easily stowed and picked up again I would suggest the MKV8 clip from Beyer.

They are standard clips for many companies and enable the mic to be pushed into it and easily pulled off. The clip itself is really strong and flexible rubbery plastic. They cost £10-£15 each but last forever, available from many places such as Studiospares:

http://www.studiospares.com/Mic-Holders/Be...der/invt/410210

Andy

Hi Bob

Only guessing at what you're driving at but if you want a device that will enable the mic to be easily stowed and picked up again I would suggest the MKV8 clip from Beyer.

They are standard clips for many companies and enable the mic to be pushed into it and easily pulled off. The clip itself is really strong and flexible rubbery plastic. They cost £10-£15 each but last forever, available from many places such as Studiospares:

http://www.studiospares.com/Mic-Holders/Be...der/invt/410210

Andy

This IS a standard clip Andy.

As I understand it revbobuk needs something specific.

This IS a standard clip Andy.

And break very easily, wear over time until their standard size is larger and not to mention £15. As standard mic clips go, I use K&M ones. they're inexpensive (between £2 and £3) and do the job well. Mic clips simply don't last forever because they get stolen.

That all said, I suspect you do want something specific, not a generic clip, so the links above should give you a good start.

Rob

The thing is, our vocalists don't have mic stands, and always hand-hold the mics. They do have music stands, and often just rest the mics on the ledge of the music stand between songs. But a holder - rather like the modified cup holder suggestion - that fitted onto the mic stand would free up space on the music stand, plus the mics wouldn't be in danger of falling off. The spring clip holders are not great because putting the mic in them is a two-handed job, and often the tapered ones take the mic quite snugly as well. I was looking for something nearer to a ring. The CPC thing looks cheap enough to experiment with, although if it's cheap plastic it may break. Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

I have found a couple of things. The 'cupholder' idea is great - they would need reducing in size to take an sm58 style mic, but some creative cutting and bending would do that. Then there's one of these:

link

which I could make quite easily.

I take it these are wireless mics, either that or a solid ring would need the cable passing through initially before connection

Wired, actually. So yes, the cable would need passing through first. Or a not-quite-complete ring. If I do make something out of coathangers I shall be sure to post pictures :)

Archived