Remote eq'ing

The Boogie Man

Hi Mark, good guess.

That idea had been considered, but it was an 8u box and a lot of cables at the time.

I've just decided to go back to mono on the small rig so now there is only 2 eqs, foh guitar, foh vocals and the same for mons. So I could route the vocs and git into each channel of one eq and drag that round.

Although the idea of remote eqs and eq'ing the rooms in general is a good one, at the mo I'm wondering if it might not be easier to set the eqs to give me a nice sound (using cuts not boosts) and then just push the gain to close to the limit. Then keep an eye on things during the shows. The fbqs aren't brill, but the do let me see freqs getting bolshy. Another trick, apart from going into the crowd, I sometimes use to check foh, is to mute my monitors for a song and listen to foh. I'll keep looking into it though.

baz

I run sound web on a rackmount PC with wifi for my outboard, studio manager sofrwere for the O1Rv. Running PC anywere on a laptop with I can go to all paerts of the venure and set all eqs , delays etc.

david

Archived