Well known names with problems?

indyld

Not quite 2000 ... 600 is the figure that I heard.

Funny how fate works, isn't it? Three years ago when I was looking to go from freelancing back into full-time employment, the two options I was considering were the job I'm now doing, or moving into TV via a vision assistant post at ITV's studios at Kirkstall Road in Leeds. If I'd gone with the latter option, I'd be looking at almost certain redundancy right now as they're closing the studios down ...

If I'm not mistaken, that now leaves 3SixtyMedia (Granada Studios) as the only major ITV production centre outside London.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lightnix
If I'm not mistaken, that now leaves 3SixtyMedia (Granada Studios) as the only major ITV production centre outside London.

There's still the Leeds studios, but don't hold your breath...

ITV could close both its main studios in the north of England and shift production, including that of Coronation Street, to the same site as the BBC's new northern base in Salford...

Full story...

There's still the Leeds studios, but don't hold your breath...

Nah, the Kirkstall Road studios in Leeds are the ones that they're going to be closing, according to the news stories.

Archived