Touch screen on a Pearl Expert

Bråthe

Hi

Have any of you tried to connect a external touchscreen to the Pearl Expert? My logic tells me that since its running XP, and pretty much are a regular PC I should be abel to connect the touch via USB... but again I often fail at logic!

Anyway would be great if someone who have tried it could tell me if it works or not.

Would not hurt to have it ready when Titan comes.

Even with the current software there is Color Picker, blow it up a bit , connect a touch screen and it should be much faster and easyer than the laptop mouse in the drawer.

Yes It works, I did it when the expert 1st came out, It has limited use, it's nice for the colour picker and occasionally you just want to do something very basic like open up or close a window. But to be honest I think the only reason we did it is becasue our 10 inch chinease TFT came with the drivers etc and was still really cheap.

Titan looks like it's based on Linux/Mac and the fact that the remote is programmed for an Iphone suggests to me this is the case, and therefore not sure any xp drivers would have a chance working on this. Can any1 confirm/or Deny such rumours (from what nic said this may not be the case) and please AVo bring out a windows mobile version of the remote or at least make the protocols used public so we can do it ourselves. Although I can see the brilliant benefits of the Iphone. Strand, Zero88,ArtNet remote,ETC and many others run of windows based devices so as a touring tech although the Iphone has the largets market share as far as smart devices go, as far as lighting boards go a windows based device would also be really useful.

Peace and love

Germaine

What I understood at PLASA from talking to the Avo guys was that the remote is just a webpage. iPhone is the launch device as it's the first device they've spent time on to get it working smoothly.

Titan is based on XP embedded. 'Matrix' the offline editing software is PC based, but looks like a Mac programme (apparently a good thing as they had to develop all the controls from scratch, while Windows looking ones are easy to implement - <_<).

Archived