possible £10k wish list

well thanks for all the replys - I am a drama technician and not a student (tho sometimes the students get more respect off the teachers ** laughs out loud **) have managed to organise a meeting with the site manager for tues to try and thrash out why he said no. will try and up load a pic of the hall if I can tomorrow.

thanks guys

luke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If you can't have permenant trusses / bars in the roof, how about rated points & motors to match?

If you go down this route, I would look at chain hoists. Cheeper to buy and maintain, but how do you get up to attach them? But in general go for infrastructure as has been said alredy.

• 1 month later...
If you can't have permenant trusses / bars in the roof, how about rated points & motors to match?

If you go down this route, I would look at chain hoists. Cheeper to buy and maintain, but how do you get up to attach them? But in general go for infrastructure as has been said alredy.

I would guess that by motors he means chain hoists?

I would guess that by motors he means chain hoists?

And if they do, then I'd suggest the extra investment in double purchase chain hoists, removing the requirement for safeties to be attached.....and detached....and attached....and detached...and.....!

This is particularly appealing in a school/local authority environment when things like mobile scissor lifts and tallies make people in charge go green - even when they are used properly by competent people!

And if they do, then I'd suggest the extra investment in double purchase chain hoists, removing the requirement for safeties to be attached
How so? There are still plenty of single-point failure possibilities, and as far as I can see the only advantage is a bigger lift capacity... Unless you mean double braked?

... Unless you mean double braked?

And the rigging suppliers say that double braked isn't 'safer' anyway....

Sorry, yes, double-braked <doh!>

Just going by the info I was given when my place had hoists and truss installed 18 months ago, the management didn't front the extra, so I didn't get a chance to find out for real if that was true, but the install company tried to sell them on that point?!?

I have been told at work that there is a possibility of getting a £10k award to use for buying equipment for our school hall.

I was just wondering if this £10K materialised and what it was spent on. There hasn't been any mention of it from ekul1978 for a while.

David

I have been told at work that there is a possibility of getting a £10k award to use for buying equipment for our school hall.

I was just wondering if this £10K materialised and what it was spent on. There hasn't been any mention of it from ekul1978 for a while.

David

not materialised yet - still waiting to see if our bid has been accepted. sorry not updated yet been too busy at work

Archived