Quick CV follow-up question

david.elsbury

Hi all

Last Monday I rang an AV company, asked who to send CV's to, etc etc. Fired off a CV that arvo.

I appreciate that it's only been 4.5 days, but I guess I would at least have expected an acknowledgement that it had been received.

So ordinarialy I'd wait another few days, then call to follow up.

But.

I'm now going to be unavailable until mid December, due to getting work on Phantom. And the CV said "available for immediate start."

So what to do... should I follow up anyway, and run the risk of seeming like a d1ck, sending a CV and then turning around and saying "sorry, can't work for ages now", or do I wait till December (which really means mid January, or Feburary, by the time people come back after Christmas...) and say "remember that CV I sent you in September...?"

I'm inclined to take the second option. But of course, if there is any possiblility that I could stick in their minds, for good reasons of course, I'd like to make that move.

Suggestions?

Guest lightnix

I never expect an acknowledgement.

Give them a bell and explain, I'm sure they'll quite understand; they may even want to meet you anyway, if not now then later. The fact that you've got a nice, fat contract on a "name" show should, if anything, demonstrate your worth as a tech IMO.

If you really want to impress them, maybe you'll be able to sort them out some comps and give them a backstage tour :P

Archived