On Site Handbook

NeilW

Good afternoon,

I was browsing through some websites this afternoon and came across this idea on Procon's page:

http://www.procon.com/1652,Safety.html

The idea of a manual for the main contact on site with lots of relevant information seems to be a good idea. I have heard of Bandit Lites doing something like this, and was wondering if anyone else here does something similar, and if so what sort of information is included? I assume it is along the lines of Risk Assessments, Contact Details, Licenses for specific pieces of equipment? Any advice would be appreciated, I think it may be useful for a couple of university projects this year.

Many thanks

Neil

These are some of the things I usually add to the back of the risk assessment:

- Evacuation procedures

- Map of assembly areas

- How to contact First Aid

- Detailed information where you are if you need to contact Emergency Services, things like the nearest cross street, etc.

- Instructions how to get to the nearest hospital (for touring shows)

Basically, I believe that things will go wrong from time to time never mind how hard we try to avoid it. The most important thing is to know what to do if things go wrong to avoid it getting worse.

Seems similar to the idea of emergency plans that are drawn up for most large events. There's a template here. I do have a full emergency services plan for the local classical concert and fireworks event, but only in paper format unfortunately...

As the guidance suggests, such plans are not usually read when something goes wrong - all the stakeholders need to be aware of their own duties beforehand!

Simon

Archived