450m of composite video

aidso

Just wondering if anyone had ideas for this. Video is not my strong point. I have been ask if I could set a camera up in the lobby of an exhabation and transfer the video to a screen at the companies stand a good 450m away. Any ideas?

Just wondering if anyone had ideas for this. Video is not my strong point. I have been ask if I could set a camera up in the lobby of an exhabation and transfer the video to a screen at the companies stand a good 450m away. Any ideas?

Yes.

Do a blue room search for baluns.

Cheers,

Peter

There are plenty of other baluns - from CPC and others- which are specced to 600m over cat5, and some cost less than a tenner. If you're browsing catalogues, you need to be looking in the CCTV section rather than AV.

Consider purchasing a slightly more expensive powered unit with level and EQ control. Unless you are on an unbelievably tight budget, the extra investment will give you better results. (IMHO)

Archived