Custard Factory Birmingham

Modge

Hi all,

Simple question, does anyone happen to know what fixtures are in the bar at the Custard Factory in Birmingham UK?

I was told "iSolutions some thing or other" for the heads and that they had some sort of LED par cans. Which is all well and good, but I want to write fixture profiles for them, thus I need to know what models they are, so if any of you here (and I know there are people on here who've worked there, because I've seen you!) can remember what model they are it'd be greatly appreciated.

To forestall the usual response such queries receive the answer is time and convenience: The gigs Saturday and whilst I'm there tomorrow (and thus should be able to find out for my self) that'll mean making the fixture late Friday night. Far better to do it tomorrow during the day if any one can answer. As to why not just ring them and ask, I'll try that tomorrow in office hours but hold out little hope of ever getting passed to a technical contact (so if some one could give me that also I'd be grateful!).

Thanks in Advance

Ring them and say read what it says on the label.. Easy?
Well, THAT is rather a naive approach!

IF Modge manages to get through to a lighting technical personage then he'd likely be OK. I'd suspect that stage or sound techs may be pushing it a bit - just 'wigglies' to them in my experience of most (and there's no insult intended in that - just facts of tech life!)

But if he gets ANYONE non tech the answer is likely to be as blank as the wall I'm looking at!

Sory, Cheechm, but NOT a helpful suggestion (especially as he's already said he'll be trying that approach anyway!)

Ring them and say read what it says on the label.. Easy?
Well, THAT is rather a naive approach!

IF Modge manages to get through to a lighting technical personage then he'd likely be OK. I'd suspect that stage or sound techs may be pushing it a bit - just 'wigglies' to them in my experience of most (and there's no insult intended in that - just facts of tech life!)

But if he gets ANYONE non tech the answer is likely to be as blank as the wall I'm looking at!

Sory, Cheechm, but NOT a helpful suggestion (especially as he's already said he'll be trying that approach anyway!)

He said:

but hold out little hope of ever getting passed to a technical contact

So if he doesn't, aside from anyone knowing, his best bet would be to get someone to try their best at reading labels.

So if he doesn't, aside from anyone knowing, his best bet would be to get someone to try their best at reading labels.
And the last time you had any success getting anyone non-technical to even LOOK at anything technical, let alone get out a set of ladders, climb, read labels (if any are in fact obvious), note the details, return to a phone and read out to an unknown caller was...?

Sorry, but I still say this was rather a naive post. :** laughs out loud **:

Right, some of the urgency has been taken out of the situation: the promoter will have a look for me today and get back to me. Also there's an event there this evening, so we can't go in to rig before tomorrow, so I'll have a chance to make them at a vaguely sensible time tonight, rather than having to do it when I get back.

And thanks for the suggestion but Ynot is I'm afraid right: the secretary there will be in a different building and is highly unlikely to go for a wonder to check for me. When Jock (promoter) gets back to me I'll try to remember to post here for future reference.

The heads are iSolutions iMove 250S's and limeLIGHT now has a profile for them. Still no idea on the cans, but they can only have so many channels (and I only really care about is RGB and dimmer \ strobe if they have it)! if all else fails I'll run them as dimmers.

Thanks for trying anyway folks.

Archived