Studio Due Space Flower manual- minor panic...

vbm

Hey Blue Roomerinos...

OK, OK, I know this is a Google thing but I just tried quickly and I don't got the time, I'm onsite at a festie with limited interweb access. The Studio Due website doesn't (appear) to have the manual for the Space Flower (version with DMX & shutter), can anybody point me in the right direction..?

We have a "does everything except pan" thing going on, and the boss is convinced its a mode issue.

Thanks in anticipation etc etc etc, vbm.

Have you tried patching it to a desk with faders, 1:1 as a testing thing?

http://www.studiodue.com/products/spaceflower.html

DMX CHANNELS

Ch 1 Pan speed

Ch 2 Flowers

Ch 3 Rays rotation

Ch 4 Shutter

Ch 5 Pan

Ch 6 Aux

Will post if I find the manual for you

Edit: I did find these schematics, don't know if that helps?

http://www.amlighting.co.uk/WebPages/Downl...spaceflower.zip

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Sorry, I can't seem to find a manual. How long are you going to be battling with this? You could perhaps try emailing Studio Due with your problems?

Are you trying to run them using DMX or in stand alone mode?

If it's DMX then you need to make sure that all four of the mode DIP switches are set to off and then the channel allocation is as per David's post above.

If you trying to run them in stand alone and you have no pan movement then make sure that the mode switches are set 1=OFF, 2=OFF, 3=OFF & 4=ON. This will give you normal stand alone mode where the 'HUNDREDS' rotary switch controls the speed of the flower movement, 'TENS' controls ray rotation and 'UNITS' controls pan speed.

If the unit isn't panning at all then you might want to check that the MAX EXCURSION AUTO PAN control isn't turned right down as well. Finally if the mode switches are set 1=OFF, 2=ON, 3=OFF & 4=ON then you will have no pan movement as the unit is set to Auto Mode + Target where the pan movement is disabled and all other functions remain the same.

Hope that helps.

Thanks folks, I've managed to get a crappy scanned copy of the manual from Studio Due UK. Its not very helpful. Thanks for the info, I suspect I'll be running them without any pan movement. What's the betting "the kids" won't notice anyway..?

Archived