Pearl 2010

JDP

I feel I should make a post here to ensure any confusion is put to bed.

The Pearl 2010 is a replacement to the Pearl 2008 and is a cosmetic change only. The change was made for two reasons.

• the new metalwork is easier to manufacture and assemble
  • the new design brings it in line with the other consoles in the Pearl range (Tiger,Expert)

The Pearl 2010 runs the same software as the Pearl 2008 and there are no plans to produce specific software for the Pearl 2010.

I am sorry if you where miss informed by anyone on our PLASA stand. We where extremely busy and at times it was often difficult to ensure everyone got the information they needed. We where also very keen to show everyone the full range of our products and any new software. That is why we had the demo tour to ensure everyone sore all the consoles and got a chance to get a free torch or spanner.

heh...

the remote control looks lovely... and it'd be nice to have a decent reason to own an iphone! :o

Im in two minds about the remote control for the simple reason that when I was shown it it kept losing its connection ;) however I can see its uses especially when checking the rig

QUOTE (gnomatron @ 10 Sep 2008, 11:00 PM)

heh...

the remote control looks lovely... and it'd be nice to have a decent reason to own an iphone!

It was on a iPod touch, but it will work with the iPhone. Just for reference.

Im in two minds about the remote control for the simple reason that when I was shown it it kept losing its connection unsure.gif however I can see its uses especially when checking the rig

Our experience from PLASA was that the remote worked fairly reliably. The difficulty with PLASA is that it is notorious for WIFi connections. You have so many different networks and devices competing for the same spectrum it is inevitable that the signal will drop out occasionally. The remote works off WiFi and this gives us certain benefits, the cost being the major one. The drawback is you can not guarantee a connection with WiFi although there are ways to improve it. I think though you will find that in most environments (when setup correctly) it is reliable and this is certainly the case in my experience.

The Matrix (remote is one application) will work on any device that supports a web browser.

The matrix is a seperate bit of software and has nothing to do with the remote. This is basically an offline editor which has been streamlined to work using a PC interface.

Im very confused now... If the new pearl has nothing but aesthetic changes, then what Pearl where they demonstrating Titan on... and why?? Not meaning to dispute any other posts, im just thought the new Pearl had D4 software...

The Pearl 2010 sees Avolites introduce a new contemporary streamlined look for its global bestselling console. This will include new graphics and an ergonomically curved front and back, complimenting the physical aesthetics of the Pearl Expert and Pearl Tiger consoles.

Titan is on the Pearl Expert. It isn't the old D4 stuff, but it was based on the old D4 software.

Archived