High Temp. Connection blocks

djmatthill

Hi need you to reccomend me a source for some High Temp connection blocks .

Im repairing a Martin EGO and just need some cheap connection blocls to re connect the lamp holder wires to the fly leads coming from the PCB.

Need to be able to withstand the high temps in the effect casing , some fool used cheap plastic ones and they melted , surprise , surpise , thanks

matt

we have ceramic "chock blocks" at work,

I'll try and find out where they came from tomorrow.

however I do agree, crimping is stronger, better connection (ie will not get so hard and brittle so quick) and cheaper way to do it.. oh and faster.

AND, you wont get that horrible, grind-your-teeth thing when the screwdriver rubs the ceramic.... god I hate it!!!!!

Normal coloured plastic insulated crimps work in most like situations. After that there are un-insulated copper crimps or more esoteric nickel metal crimps good to 600c I think -Sort out insulation or separation though. My local B&Q has dual ceramic choc block in 5 or 10 amp size, but that will not be your local store and stocks will differ. Regard any joiner in the cable as a temp repair -they will die and need replacing along with the lampholder. -If the lamp pins are scorched change the holder too.

Archived