Cable Labels

JDP

Hi All,

I have looked on the RS, Rapid, CPC etc website, but didn't find anything. Partly, probably because I am not sure what the actual name is.

I am looking for the plastic labels which are cable-tied onto cables that have a rectangular plastic dish on for placing of a barcode. Possibly, sometimes, this item would have a second plastic display to put in the dish to protect the barcode. The purpose of this device is to attach barcodes to cables, rather than the connector. Normally, we would heatshrink the barcodes on - find for 16A, but we are needing to do this with some Socapex cables, and we certainly are NOT re-soldering loads of Socapex connectors just to put Heatshrink on.

Can anyone help at all?

Best Regards

J

Someone who has been in the industry as long as you claim should know that it's possible to get high shrink-ratio heatshrink. E.G 4:1 and even larger.

So you can put the label on the cable, then shrink over the connector, and onto the cable. Brilliant !!! ;-)

Try searching CPC (and no doubt the others) for "marker cable ties".

However, I would suggest that while these may be fine for labelling in fixed installations, using cable ties to attach labels to any cable that has to be hand-coiled is a bad idea. Been there, done that, lost skin.

Hi, thanks for the responses;

Someone who has been in the industry as long as you claim should know that it's possible to get high shrink-ratio heatshrink. E.G 4:1 and even larger.

I didn't realise you could get Heatshrink like that, I will investigate, but would of thought a Socapex isn't 4 times big as the 18*1.5mm cable.. I am also site based, rather than warehouse/workshop based, so things like this are a little alien to me.

How about clear PVC tape over the barcode sticker?

Thanks, this was my initial thought, but a lot of the cables mentioned are probably 20 year old cables, and are full of dirt on the plastic. Even after cleaning I can see these not sticking, or coming off after a few runs.

Bruce, I can see where your coming from. But most, if not all our socapex cables stay in looms for tours, rather than get broken after every job. Only usually the bigger tours/events have custom looms made, and they usually get the nice new socapex :)

Archived