I want to increase my sound knowledge!!

Acko

I know the OP asked for reading material. But have you also considred a short sound course, or contacting any BR members to maybe get some hands on training.

Your profile doesn't say location, but I'm sure someone is not too far from you and could spare a couple of hours. (Maybe for beer money)

I'm near B'ham if it helps.

As has already be mentioned you can read all you like but it wont give you real world experiance,instead hassle your local sound companys to see if they need an extra pair of hands.Ok you'll start off coiling cables,sweeping the warehouse and making tea,but also ,once they realise your serious and not just after the money will start training you up

I'd echo looking at getting someone to show you things and perhaps consider going on some form of course to get to grips with the basics - you can of course experiment until you get things right and just take it from there - but if you speak to people in the know then in my opinion it'll speed things up a lot. That said, there comes a point when you just need to sit down and do some reading on the subject, and for that I'd recommend the soundcraft guide mentioned earlier, it definitely helped me! But yeah - you do obviously need to mix it with practice as well.

Archived