Complicated passive systems.

Bad_Rock

I have a Nexo system and I never had the chance to make it simple to set. We have the analog processors but they need amps with less than 32db's of voltage gain. Also when you get such amp you find that you can't use a digital amp because on the conversion process ( a/d ) you have problems of speed.

With active systems like for example Meyer Sound boxes we never had that problem. There is now a new option with the new Nexo amps that comes with the processor and so promisses to make things simpler. Is it possible to make my system work now like an active one?

Rgds.

I use the PS 15 and Ps 10 series.

Wait...I think I have it!!!

He's sick and tired of carrying all this analogue crossover gear around and wants to go digital, And as such is wondering whether the short delay the Loudspeaker Management System would insert combined with Digital Amps is going to add a noticeable delay to the material!!!

If this is the intended question, No it will not delay really, Most digital equipment inserts a delay of approx. 2ms...I think!!! Which aint much

I have no problem with the OP's question.

The answer is "no, sorry".

As you have analogue processors is latency an issue? I know it is with the digital boxes, but my memory of reading about this on prosoundweb was that latency didn't matter with the analogue controllers.

Hey

DBuckley - analogue processors have zero latency. They may induce a phase shift, but no delay if they are completely analogue.

OP - IIRC Nexo make analogue controllers for the PS series - have a look at http://www.nexo-sa.com

If you rack up your amps and controllers neatly, then your setup need be no more difficult than an active system.

I don't know if you've misunderstood what a D-class amplifier is - it works through a PWM signal, which it is possible to generate using analogue circuitry. So a D-class "digital" amp isn't really digital at all and shouldn't have a delay on it. (The PWM signal is a digital signal, but as far as I know it is not created with convential ADCs with a delay on them)

If someone who knows a bit more about commercial D-class amps wants to step in and take things from here, please feel free.

HTH

Chris

I have a Nexo system and I never had the chance to make it simple to set. We have the analog processors but they need amps with less than 32db's of voltage gain. Also when you get such amp you find that you can't use a digital amp because on the conversion process ( a/d ) you have problems of speed.

With active systems like for example Meyer Sound boxes we never had that problem. There is now a new option with the new Nexo amps that comes with the processor and so promisses to make things simpler. Is it possible to make my system work now like an active one?

Rgds.

I use the PS 15 and Ps 10 series.

Wait...I think I have it!!!

He's sick and tired of carrying all this analogue crossover gear around and wants to go digital, And as such is wondering whether the short delay the Loudspeaker Management System would insert combined with Digital Amps is going to add a noticeable delay to the material!!!

If this is the intended question, No it will not delay really, Most digital equipment inserts a delay of approx. 2ms...I think!!! Which aint much

Because of the speaker sense lines in a Nexo controller, you cannot use them with digital amps like the Crown ITech series that do AD/DA conversions. The latency in the amp confuses the Nexo processor.

I don't know why the OP thinks this is difficult, you just need a non-digital amp of 32dB of gain or less. That is not hard to find, and once set up needs no further adjustment.

Mac

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why the OP thinks this is difficult, you just need a non-digital amp of 32dB of gain or less. That is not hard to find, and once set up needs no further adjustment.

Mac

It's not hard to find if you live in the UK Macman.

Archived