strand 300 trackball

themadhippy

So what's the secret incantation to get the track ball on a strand 300 working on the pan and tilt for mover channels? The track ball works fine every were else on the console,calling up 100.3@ only seems to work on the wheel,however the scroll wheel on the track ball will scroll through the colours .Also slightly related,but how do you make groups with a single attribute.Gone passed the stab any button at random mode after the magic potion given in the strand manual didn't work as I expected.

I'm not sure about the trackball issue- I have an inkling there is a setting in the user config file or something that tells the desk what point channels to assign to the trackball.

In terms of recording specific attributes into a group, you can either record your group in preview mode by addressing the attributes directly, as hobit light suggested and this will only record the attribute you select.

Or, you can set the fixtures up as you want them in Live mode, then use the following key presses to record specific attributes (where 25 and 26 are the fixture numbers, and {colour} is a softkey):

25 + 25 GROUP 10 @ATT {Colour} RECORD

This will only record the colour attribute from fixtures 25+26 into group 10

If you want some more in depth intfo into this, I suggest you download the 500 series Automated Lighting tutorial from here. :unsure:

Ian

Got the single attributes sorted,it was me being stoopid and getting confused with @ Att and attrib,one of those subtle difference between the 300 and 500. :unsure:

As for the trackball,still no luck I think it maybe something to do with the act file, just got to get 5 minutes quiet time to tinker.

Got the single attributes sorted,it was me being stoopid and getting confused with @ Att and attrib,one of those subtle difference between the 300 and 500. :unsure:

As for the trackball,still no luck I think it maybe something to do with the act file, just got to get 5 minutes quiet time to tinker.

I may have misunderstood what you have tried but pan and tilt should appear on the ball automatically if the whole fixture is selected. E.g. (100) (trackball) not (100.3) (trackball). Also I think if you have selected a single attribute e.g. (100.2) you need to reselect the whole fixture.

Other thing to check are that pan and tilt lock aren't on. (Big red labels on bottom right of screen) They are quite easy to put on accidentally on a 300 as the mouse wheel is also the mouse middle button.

dAJb

I I think you have to hold down the side button on the mouse and that should work
Other thing to check are that pan and tilt lock aren't on. (Big red labels on bottom right of screen) They are quite easy to put on accidentally on a 300 as the mouse wheel is also the mouse middle button

None of the buttons appear to do anything,regardless of which bit of my head I bang against the console

Do you know if your ATC pages are intact?

pass :P Haven't got a copy here,but the bit that I think is wrong is the settings after [D1], Its tagged [1].

I'll second dAJb's suggestion: to get the track ball to work you need to select the channel number of the fixture - not the attribute itself. For example, if the start number of the fixture is 100, type "100 *". This will then allow you to control position, colour etc all from the trackball and wheel (depending on which buttons you've pushed). The method of setting pan and tilt values directly (100.4 @ 50) is an alternative to the trackball.

You bothered to look at the Strand manual? That's five minutes of your life that you'll never get back! :P

Gareth.

Right this is realy issing me off,tryed fiddling with the atc page,change a setting press save and it defaults to the previous un tinkered version,tryed editing the file on another p.c and same problem.im assuming it the line under [1] that needs changing?

at the moment its

[F12][Filter12]

[D1]

[1][]
1,	0,	0,	2,	0,	0,	0

and I recon it should be

[1][]
1,	3,	4,	2,	0,	0,	0

does this sound correct? if so how do I get it to save the new file and not default to the previous version.Also as the track ball aint working,were the hell are the alternatives to the "3 teal keys above the track ball"

[D1]

[1][]

1, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0[/code]

and I recon it should be

[1][]
1,	3,	4,	2,	0,	0,	0

Hi, you are getting there I think, could you send me your atc page file and I'll compare it to my offline editor version?

You should have used a Vision

Oh for a maclib,pity there's no shape generator though :P

Hi, you are getting there I think, could you send me your atc page file and I'll compare it to my offline editor version?

My next plan of attack is to copy across the version from the off-line editor.The only difference between the one posted and console is ive missed off [F1] to [F12] description. The biggest problem however is stopping the console,somehow? restoring the original setting.

You're right about the ATCPAGE.LIB file ... the vast majority of the time, the first three numbers should be 1, 3, 4 ... they assign functions to the wheel, and X and Y axes of the trackball respectively, so 1 (intensity), 3 (pan) and 4 (tilt) are what you'd want on those controls pretty much most of the time.

Archived