CPC Headset Mics

smalljoshua

I have just bought 2 of these and need to change the Plugs to Lemos to fit my Trantec S3.2 Beltpacks.

Does anyone know the Pin out on the Trantec Packs and the correct wires to wire to each pin.

Any Help Gratefully Received.

Josh

Edit: Google Really doesn't like me today. I tried for 1/2 an hour to find something and 5 minutes after I post this something turns up.

I found this page on the Trantec website which suggests that along with this page that I should re-wire it so that the ground goes to Pin 1 and the combined signal/power that the Mic has should go on pin 3.

Is this correct?

Josh

Good value, aren't they. We've just replaced the tieclip mic on our Audio-Technica radio mic with the Hirose connector version, and have been really delighted with the results.

• 3 years later...

My client wants me to get them some of the CPC MIC-2000X3 mics and rewire them to a 3 pin Lemo for use with Sennheiser SK500 transmitter packs.

What I'd like to know is:

1) What the pinout of the Sennheiser pack is

2) Where I'm best buying the Lemo's (FVB.00 ? - can I better this ?)

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe I have now answered my own question; here's the answer for anyone else who ends up in the same scenario.

I bought a Pulse MIC-2000X3 from CPC. The miniXLR3 socket was wired for Audio Technica and had the shield connected to pin 1 and the signal connected to both pins 2 and 3 (I believe the AT packs are pin2 audio and pin3 bias but it's not relevant here).

The Lemo connectors are the FVB.00.303.NLAE24 and are available from Sennheiser Pro Spares or Stage Electrics and probably elsewhere...

The Lemo plugs don't have numbered pins. Pin 1 is by the tab and if looking from the solder side, pin 2 is at 7 oclock and pin 3 is at 5 oclock. I connected the shield of the mic to pin 1 and the signal wire to pin 3, with nothing connected to pin 2. That seems to work fine. I didn't have a suitable crimp tool for the lemo grip, though it appears to be stuck fast on the mic's heatshrink anyway - time will tell; most scenarios would probably want to crimp for robustness. This is a highly fiddly job and I really could have done with a magnifier and a smaller iron tip. Given the metal bits that go in the Lemo around the pins I wrapped the solder pins in a sliver of insulation tape to be safe.

Archived